21 - The Bond

Wooyoung felt restless. Knowing San was with Seonghwa was freaking him out. He knew San was right and that he was probably not in danger — but still. He didn't like that situation.

Besides, he still had to feed since the morning of the battle. He felt a burning, unbearable thirst. The problem was that at the moment he was in no condition to use mind manipulation. He would have needed a strong body and a steadfast mind. At the moment, he had neither. He did not want to ask Hongjoong to accompany him, did not want to tell him he had a problem.

He decided to do as he had done last time, with San. He was going to knock off someone before he fed on them. He left the house, searching for some homeless guy. He found him after a longer than usual search, leaning under a bridge. The stench of piss was unbearable and almost completely covered the smell of his blood. But not entirely. Wooyoung was so hungry that he could not even manage to sneak up behind the man. The latter turned around, shocked, thinking he was some psychopath, and began to scream.

No no no no. He was going to alert someone! Wooyoung escaped before the situation got out of hand.

Lately, nothing was going right.

He returned home, demoralized and angry at the world, only to open the bedroom door and find San standing there with an icy stare.

Wooyoung was interjected for a moment.

"San? Weren't you with Seonghwa? I thought you would be coming back later."

San did not answer him. With two long strides he reached him, slamming the door behind him close. Then he looked at him.

"Wooyoung. Are you feeling sick these days? Ever since when you've been drinking my blood?"

Wooyoung felt like his heart had missed a beat.

"W-What?"

"Is that why you didn't want to fight Jongho? Is that why you can't manipulate minds anymore? That you are weaker than usual and always look tired?"

"S-San. I can explain—"

"Shut up! I'm tired of listening to your lies! I don't trust what comes out of your mouth anymore! I thought you were going to start telling me everything after we've discussed it over and over again, but I see you keep lying about the most important things!"

"Because I knew you would have no longer fed on me if I told you! I-I need it!"

"I know you need it," San said, sharp. "But you need more than just that. Now you will drink my blood."

Wooyoung froze. "I've already told you I don't want to."

"I couldn't care less. Now you're going to do it," San said, grabbing him by the collar, yanking him until he was inches from his throat. Wooyoung swallowed. Even though San's heart wasn't beating, his throat emitted no heat and he couldn't smell him from miles away — the delicate scent he emitted seemed like a poison spread through the air to stun only him. He felt his canines coming out. He was too hungry, that was the problem. Just now San had to insist on this!

Seeing that Wooyoung was not cooperating, San let him go.

"All right then. You made me do it."

With that said, he grabbed the cutter from the desk.

"What are you doing? Put it down!"

But San did not listen to him, extending the blade, only to cut his skin along his forearm. At the sight of his blood flowing, Wooyoung's eyes turned pitch black. He ran his hands through his hair. What the hell did San think he was doing!