TWENTY FIVE

I opened my eyes due to the sunlight streaming through the curtains of the room. I stirred in my seat stretching my body and relieving the tension in my muscles. I had never slept so well in a long time. When my vision cleared I surveyed the room. It was Chateau's guest room. And suddenly the memories came to me.

I had spent the night here, with JJ, in the same bed and we had slept together. I couldn't help but blush at the memory. I never thought JJ and I would get to that point, but I didn't dislike the thought. I turned to check on him sleeping but froze when I saw that there was no one next to me.

Had he just left after last night? My mind began to conjure up a thousand and one scenes of why JJ had left, but my anxiety subsided when I saw him appear through the door with a tray of food.

"Good morning Ginger." he walked over to me and I slipped back into my seat. He placed the tray on the side of the bed. Half-burnt toast with some jam on top, a banana, a coffee and some suspiciously shaped pancakes adorned the tray.

"Did you make that? For me?" JJ blushed at my question. He feared I was reprimanding him for his peculiar culinary prowess.

"Yes." he half-smiled and looked down at the floor.

"Thank you so much, I love it, it's my favorite breakfast, how did you know that?" his look of fear changed to one of excitement. I took one of the toasts and popped it into my mouth. It wasn't too bad.

"A wizard doesn't give away his secrets Ginger." he playfully tapped me on the nose and I let out a small laugh in response.

"How are your injuries?" I asked as I took another bite of my charred toast.

"I'm an oak baby, nothing can beat me." JJ pulled muscle from his arms as a symbol of strength. "Thanks for healing me."

"I guess we're even." I toasted the coffee in the air to show him his kind gesture as well. "And Kiara, where is she? Do you think she'll have us...you know."

"Heard fucking like real sex gods?" I almost spit out the coffee at his unexpected response. "Nah."

"Good grief JJ!" I exclaimed red as a tomato.

"What's the matter, didn't you like it?" he raised an amused eyebrow.

"Yes, yes I did like it...I...I...I'm not going to talk about it!" my face was burning with embarrassment. I was amazed that JJ could deal with these subjects so naturally.

"Easy Ginger, I know what you mean." he picked up a piece of pancake and popped it in his mouth. "Kie's over at Heywards helping Pope with the store. We'll stop by now."

Talking about stores reminded me of something. "Good grief! I have to go to work!" I rushed up almost knocking over half a breakfast tray. JJ pulled me up and sat me on his lap. "JJ you don't understand, I'm late, I..."

"Someone called Roger called you this morning on the phone. Since you were sleeping like a Disney princess I took the bother to answer. Seeing that it said Roger Boss as an incoming call I assumed it was important." he paused for me to react to his statement. Seeing that I was perplexed he continued. "He said there was no need for you to come in today, he was going to close the store all day today for some personal business."

"Thank you very much secretary." I joked touching the tip of his nose.

"Well honey, get dressed, we have to do one thing before we stop by Heywards." he jumped out of bed and looked at me amused.

"And breakfast?" I asked looking at the tray of food he had brought me. He reached over and grabbed a couple of pancakes and a piece of toast and gobbled them up in a second.