ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

***some time skips in the beginning

Neteyam POV
My siblings and I overheard our parents talking about leaving. I can't imagine life outside the forest. This is our home but maybe its the right thing to do. Spider was taken because of the avatars.
————

My parents just told me about the plan. As the eldest im supposed to be more responsible and help them, but I can barely process the thought of leaving home. I hope that we will be able to return.
————

We are officially leaving the tribe. I am in shock but it is what's needed for my family to be safe.
————
***present time

"Alright kids I know you're tired but its just a bit more til we make it to the reef people clan. Stay close and don't fly low." My father says to us, hes been trying to comfort us the whole journey. Eclipse just happened and we are all tired.

Tuk is sleeping in my mothers arms while we are all riding on our ikrans. I feel myself getting sleepy but fight it off. I have to be alert. For my family.

We keep riding forward hopefully by morning we will be there or atleast on land.

I notice something in the water splashing. It looks like a fish but it is quite big. I keep my eyes in that area just incase its any danger, but then I hear something. Or someone?

Its...so calming I completely forget about what my father said and started to feel my eyes get heavy. I try to fight it off but I can't. I feel my Ikran starting to fly lower closer to the ocean. I have this feeling...like...im home or something...that nothing's wrong. Its so strange?

"Hey bro what are you doing?! Are you asleep skxawng" I heard my brothers voice but it sounded so quiet compared to this beautiful singing.

"Kid I said don't fly low, Loak check on your brother." Loak flies down to Neteyams level and hits him. When he sees that he doesn't turn his head to look at him notices somethings wrong. He looks in the direction that Neteyam is looking at and his eyes widen "What the hell is that...Bro come on what's up with you." Loak was grabbing at his brothers ikran to try and bring it up but then his brother pushed him away.

"Dad somethings wrong with Neteyam." Loak said flying close to his father. They were all looking at Neteyam now worried for him.

His father was next to get closer when he saw Neteyam nearing the ocean even more and he saw his son reach out to something. He quickly grabbed his son and tried to pull him up but he felt as if someone else was pulling him away aswell.

"Ma Jake what is happening?" Neytiri said concerned while covering Tuks ears. "Somethings trying to drag him in." Jake said while grunting. He took out his blade and stabbed the things hand. It then let out a shriek, but it scared him because it sounded and looked like a person.

Neteyam seemed to be out of the trance and started to fly back up. "Dad? What happened." He said with a confused expression on his face. "I don't know kid. But you're good now. Ride with me for a bit you should sleep." Neteyam nodded in response.

Neteyam was now on his dad's ikran and fell asleep wondering what had happened and who or what that was.

———————————-

Omg first interaction🫢⁉️⁉️
I already got the next couple of chaps planned. (Why am i lowkey now addicted to writing)
ANYWAYS TY FOR READING DRINK UR WATER LOVE YAA