Chapter 1

A cold, dark night laid over Hurricane as thunder roared above. The rain came down in endless sheets as Emily ducked and weaved quickly in and out of the rain. She held her jacket hood over her head as she ducked into an alleyway, thankfully there was an awning above her so she could stop running. She sat down and panted, trying to catch her breath.

She tried to see through the rain, hoping to spot a break so she could find her way home. Cars ran over the slickened road, leaving her stunned that the asphalt was surviving the rain and tires rolling on top of it. She noted that the cement seemed a little too soft here in the rain as she huffed. She shivered as she tried to stay away from the windows of the building, thinking someone might see her and chase her off.

She breathed heavily as the rain pounded overhead. God damn, are we in a hurricane or something? I've never seen it rain so hard, She thought to herself as a nearby door creeped open. Her eyes went wide, and she held her breath, hoping whoever it was didn't see her. "What are you doing out here? It's raining horribly, come on, let's get you dried off," a voice called to her in a low voice.

She jumped and quickly spun around seeing a man standing close to her. As she backed away, she stumbled, clumsily drawing her combat knife. "S-Stay back!" she yelped. "Hey, hey, hey, calm down, I just saw you over here and thought you needed help." he explained softly. She quivered as her tensed muscles slowly relaxed, her knife going back into it's sheathe. "Come on, it's better in here than staying out in the rain," he coaxed her gently. She ducked underneath the umbrella where he stood, and followed him inside.

"Thank you," she murmured softly, glancing at him. "What were you doing out there anyways?" he asked as he went into a nearby closet and grabbed a towel. "I was just going home from a friend's place and, I guess I got lost," she sighed. "Well, you might want to wait the rain out here than going back out there," he suggested, handing her the towel before closing his umbrella. She nodded softly, drying her hair out with the towel. "Who are you?" she asked, her gaze seemingly curious. "Henry, and you are?" he asked, speaking quietly as though he were talking to a frightened animal as he met her gaze. "Emily, it's a pleasure to meet you," she replied as she finished drying off before hanging the towel on a rack.

Henry rose to his feet and approached her silently. She backed up towards the door a couple steps, uncertain what was going to happen next. "Hey, relax, you're safe here," he brushed her cheek softly, trying to make her feel safe. She relaxed as she moved to push her semi-dry hair into a ponytail, keeping it high so it stayed off her neck. He quickly stepped to the side so he wouldn't get whacked with her hair. "Watch it!" he chuckled. She blushed, trying to smother a laugh. "Sorry!" she giggled, feeling relief wash over her.

She sat down on the couch as she took a deep breath, trying to not laugh again. Well, my parents never let me enjoy anything, so it's best to take the joy now before I'm whipped again, she thought. She shivered as Henry turned his gaze to her. "Emily, are you okay?" he asked, rubbing his hand over her back. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine Henry just has a thought," she half-lied. "Here, drink this, it should warm you up." He quickly brought her a cup of chicken broth that he had stored. "Thank you again Henry," she said softly before taking a sip.

"Like I said, it's no trouble," he murmured. "Is something the matter?" she asked, setting down her almost finished cup of broth on the coffee table. "Yes, I just miss my daughter." His voice quieted with grief. "Oh Henry, I am so sorry for your loss." She gasped, curling next to him. "She was murdered by my former business partner. I supposed you might've heard of him?" He commented, letting himself wrap an arm over her shoulders. "I think I have, I mean I know there were a lot of killings but, was that all from your business partner?" She seemed startled when he nodded in response.

"Don't let him fool you Emily, he'll do anything to manipulate you to get you to trust him so he can kill someone again." He warned. She noticed a building across the street which made her go to the window. "Is that where you worked?" She asked. "Yes, Fredbear Family Diner. It's where his son Michael died." He responded. Her eyes went wide with fear, turning her head just faintly. "So, you mean to say the killer is..." She gulped before continuing, "....William Afton?" He nodded in response. "Killed my own daughter to avenge his son." A growl had slipped through his throat which surprised her. "But don't even let him near you, he's quick so you have to choose wisely where to go." He continued. "Would going near the diner work?" "It wouldn't, he'd still figure out a way to hunt you down." He added.

She seemed terrified now, but she knew this had to have come up sooner or later. "Look, he carries a knife with him, like you do and you'll know it's his knife when you see it. Don't let him see you or touch you, understand?" He called out. "Yeah I do! But how am I supposed to stay away from him if he's close by?" She responded as he walked out of the closet again. "Hmm, good point. I don't know, but if you are good at climbing I suggest trying the rooftops, he might not be able to reach you from there." He suggested as he wrapped something around her.

She searched his gaze, feeling the warm item pressing around her, like a bunch of kittens all over her. "Take this jacket, the rain might've stopped but it's still a little chilly out." He murmured into her ear. She nodded in response as she finished her broth, feeling ready to leave as she put the jacket on her. "Just be careful out there okay Emily?" He sighed. "Yes, I will Henry. I can't thank you enough for your help." She breathed as she hugged him. He returned the embracement as he felt relieved to know she'd be careful.

He walked her out of the alleyway, just to be on the safe side. "Promise me if you see him though, you do keep away from him, I don't want you to get hurt." He breathed as he locked eyes with her. "I will, thank you so much. I pray we meet again." She commented. "I hope we do." He chuckled gently, kissing her forehead. "Be safe Emily, see you soon!" He called to her as he walked back inside. "See you soon Henry!" She responded as she headed home, not realizing something or someone had watched her leave.