CHAPTER 1

RUE

7 years later

7th June 2005

"I promise i'll never leave you" He whispers, bringing my hand to his lips and kissing my palm. I never knew i would love him this much, love anyone this much actually. Ever since i met Jonah my life felt complete.

I met him 3 years after my dad died. I was walking around the city and he was driving, but instead of hitting his breaks he accedentally gave gas. He did stop in time, thank god. He parked his car and quickly ran to me. He checked if i was okay and we got some coffee together, he also gave his number after and we started talking. 4 months later he asked me to be his girlfriend, and now we are together for almost 4 years.

We lay in bed. I tilt my head up to meet his gaze. he has the prettiest eyes. Blue like the clearest sky, blue like the pretty waters in Spain.

"One day.." he moves his hand over my cheek. "One day ill marry you". I smile "Yeah?". "Rue Connor, i like that" he chuckles.

We dicided to move in together 3 months ago. Its not he biggest house but its perfect for us. My mom doesn't know where i live and im not going to tell her. After my dad died she started drinking, a lot. Before he died she cared about me, or at least, she acted like she cared about me. But when i saw the moms of my school friends i knew it was all an act and that she would never be like that. Once i moved out she didn't even say bye, i think i even saw a little smile, but I wasn't sure because I've never seen her smile.
Jonahs mom felt like a real mom to me. She cared for me at my lowest, which my own mom never did. She helped me when i needed help, which my own mom- take a guess- never did.

"Jonah?" I whisper. "Yeah Rue?"
"Are you doing something tomorrow?"
"No, why?"
"I wanted to go somewhere, but, i want you to go with me"
"Sure, I'll go with you. I'll do anything for you"
He moves a piece of hair from my face and puts it behind my ear. I move closer to him and in less than 10 minutes we fall asleep.