Another Adventure

It was the middle of the night, or at least it seemed to be? It was hard to tell what time it was while within the confines of the tent, and even then, it was hard to tell how much time has past since Pomni entered this digital purgatory, or more realistically, hell, as at least with purgatory you were garrenteed escape one day. But here, as far she and everyone else trapped here is concerned, has no way out.

Pomni was staring at the ceiling of her new room, lying in bed. She was so far unable to sleep, while nearly everyone else was certainly sleeping. She still wished she was asleep herself, waiting for the this dream to nightmare scenario to end and for her to wake up back in her real body, wherever she lived in her actual bed, not that she could remember any of those things, which bothered her quite a bit. She could feel the memories as if they were just out of reach, the feeling of forgetting a word and being on the edge of remembering it, but never getting there.

She sighed deep in thought and rolled over onto her side, actually deciding to grab the blankets she had and covering up in them. She closed her eyes after wrapping up, hoping she could escape for at least a little while, as hopeless and pathetic as it sounded. It was the only relief she could hope to possibly reach.

It felt like hours going by with nothing happening, but just as she was giving up, she felt her mind finally begin to drift off and away from her scrambling crowded thoughts, letting out a sigh of relief as she allowed sleep to fully embrace her form.

It definitely felt odd, almost alien compared to what she could barely remember about sleeping in the real world. She felt conscious, but at the same time felt like she was in the deepest sleep imaginable. She could still somewhat feel her surroundings, but her limbs and everything felt numb and tingly.

She began to wonder if this is what death felt like, that she'd feel nothing and everything at the same time. Her deep dreaming thoughts however came to an immediate halt when she felt a force move her bed. Although mildly disoriented from the transition, she was still able to sleep, having her head underneath the covers. She could hear muffled faint voices around her, along with shuffling and footsteps, all also being rather muffled and faint. She felt too comfortable to pay attention to that though, and so she continued sleeping.

But that stopped too once the loudest airhorn one could possibly make sounded next to her head, making Pomni literally jump and scream, falling out of bed as she tripped, being tangled in her blankets and bed sheets in the process.

"Ughhhh...." Pomni groaned quietly on the floor still, everyone else just nearby staring at her as they waited for Caine to do his thing and force them into some wacky adventure.

"See, I knew the horn would work." Jax said with a smug look as put the aforementioned horn back in his overalls pocket, Ragatha looking rather unamused at him for using the air horn on Pomni after Caine legit teleported her bed out of her room.

"What do you waaannt?..." Pomni grumbled softly as she attempted to get unraveled.

"Oh um, Caine was going to do his...uh, regular welcoming game that he does for everyone who's new." Ragatha answered as she helped the still groggy jester escape the blankets.

"But I thought we already did that?" Pomni raised an eyebrow, confused about Ragatha's reply.

"Yeah, well, Caine is weird like that. He likes to give us a random, easy first introduction adventure game before giving the so-called, 'welcoming game'. " Jax replied, giving air quotations at the end.

"Okay...soo..what's the difference between this one from the other ones?" Pomni asked in a curious yet confused tone, now mildly nervous about it.

"Oh, you'll see." Jax spoke with his signature smirk, not making her feel any better about what to expect.