project odd lore for dummies

JK U GUYS ARENT DUMMIES BUT!! i decided to just write out the entire lore for ppl who find it hard to understand, and so matpat doesn't break into my house at night 😭 /j

yes i knowww this isn't art but at this rate this is just a book of random stuff. sooo here's the whole story with the events all in order!!

————

In the late 70s to early 80s, Trenton and Oswald, two college students and best friends, developed their ideas to create a fun, exciting, and educational kids TV show called "The Rainbow Funtime Friends." They founded the Rainbow Friends facility in San Francisco as a studio to film episodes. After the second season was finished in 1990, they transformed the facility into a play place for kids known as the Rainbow Friends Play Place. That same year, they also built a nearby theme park called "Odd World," mostly as a result of Oswald's growing obsession with fame and fortune.

Eventually, however, Oswald wanted to make the Rainbow Friends more lifelike using an experiment he called "Project ODD." He rejected Trenton's offer to build animatronics and insisted on using real human children. Oswald believed this would make the characters intelligent and lifelike, hoping for recognition as a genius. Together, Trenton and Oswald worked as technician and scientist to see this project done, though Trenton was a little more hesitant on his part.

It's also worth mentioning that Oswald grew up having many expectations forced onto him by his parents, so he's naturally grown up to crave the attention that his own parents never gave him when he was a child. Their negligence is also part of the reason he had very... strange interests back then, such as dissecting small animals and even using their bodies for mini science experiments.

The plan for Project ODD does end up succeeding, and the victims, Jeremy, Keith, Norman, Jesse, Kyle, Charmaine, Emmaline, and Ezekiel, are transformed into the Rainbow Friends: Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, Yellow 1.0, Cyan, Pink, and Yellow 2.0. Their memories as humans are also erased as a result of their transformations.

What's also important is that these were not the only victims involved in the Project ODD; many other children were used for these experiments, mainly for tests or other experiments entirely. Those who ended up as failed experiments were then either repurposed into Lookies or disposed of completely by Oswald, unbeknownst to Trenton and the other scientists working on the project.

Jeremy Robinson, a talented 9 year old child actor, portrayed the beloved character Jerry (also known as "Blue's best friend") in the Rainbow Funtime Friends show. During a live performance in the party room of the play place, Jeremy was led by Oswald into the backstage area. There, Oswald cruelly attacked him, causing the injury to Jeremy's left eye. He was then transformed into the Rainbow Friend, Blue.

Shortly after Jeremy's disappearance, the play place stopped holding stage plays, but continued to host birthday parties and other activities.

Keith Foster, a blind young boy, was abandoned by his mother at the play place on his 9th birthday. On a desperate search for his mother, he was lured into a laboratory by Oswald, who promised him a gift to make up for his mother's mistreatment towards him. However, Oswald deceived Keith and injected him with a syringe instead, using the boy's blindness to his advantage, and transformed him into the Rainbow Friend, Green.

Norman Hollister, a homeless 8 year old boy, sought shelter in the play place and was taken in by Trenton. However, Trenton, who initially appeared reluctant, eventually betrayed Norman. When Norman tried to escape, Trenton chased him down and caught him, injecting him and later transforming him into the Rainbow Friend, Orange. Norman is the only victim who was caught by Trenton.