➣ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟓 "𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙛 𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝"

°°

Another restless night. Another night filled with too much whispering and too little rest. It's been like this for two weeks now, and Nicolás hasn't been able to get used to it.

Slightly grumpy and pretty much sleepy, Nicolás woke up before the others and got ready for classes.

It's curious. The Hufflepuff common room has been nothing but comfortable since the first day he arrived, but for the past weeks, Nicolás has felt something. A presence of sorts, and, of course, the voice, but there was something deeply unsettling about it. Something he still needed to point out.

Hearing a voice whispering behind the walls is not exactly comforting nor 'normal', not even in the Wizarding World; especially when you can't really comprehend what the voice is saying exactly.

But, oh well, for now he needed to focus on his classes, starting with Arithmancy.

Arithmancy has always been an easy class for Nicolás, not in a haughty way, it's just that being raised by experts in many fields, he was able to get ahold of many aspects of magic from a very young age. So... rudimentary, that it came only naturally to him.

Now, in Castelobruxo, the class was challenging because it was advanced and it moved rather quickly, here in Hogwarts, Nicolás could notice it was much slower and it tended to follow behind in comparison.

The point in favor, was that here, as not many people often opted for it, it turned into a much more personalized experience. Professor Septima Vector was indeed gifted for its teaching. She was a very stern-looking witch, perhaps even more so than Professor McGonagall herself —which was a feat all in itself.

What Nicolás enjoyed the most was, without a doubt, the homework. You can call him a nerd if you want to, but yes, Nicolás really enjoyed doing his homework. The woman really had no mercy for them, not even in the first weeks of term. The hardest part was perhaps making the detailed numerical diagrams and statistics, especially when you had a penmanship as pitiful as Nicolás'.

Arriving at his working table, he found his favorite classmates, Willow Meadows, a Ravenclaw, and Lilith Blackthorn, a Slytherin—both in his year.

Willow had a softly tanned skin, with hair as black as Nicolás', her face also had some baby fat that made her incredibly adorable.

On the other hand, Lilith was fair-skinned, with hair —dyed— as red as hot fire about to make a potion boil, and her face was probably the only one in the entire school to rival Snape's meanness; no one would ever suspect she was a total sweetheart—it's not like she wanted the school to know, anyway.

"Hello, ladies," Nicolás announced as he took his seat. He received different responses.

"Hello, Nicolás," said Willow in her characteristic gentle voice.

On the other hand, he received a "what's up?" From Lilith's slightly deeper voice.

It'd never not be entertaining for Nicolás to witness the so-marked differences between them. Willow was incredibly soft in general, in her speech, in her demeanor. Her personality was generally very calm and quiet.

On the other hand, Lilith was the opposite, she was loud, sometimes coming across as rude, and her dressing style was more boyish, tomboy some would say; she would always wear jeans, or dressing pants, and loose shirts, when she wasn't using her uniform, or even for visiting Hogsmeade with her friends; her personality was just as fiery as her artificial red hair.