29.

YOUR POV:

I bandaged the teenager. They were a little bruised and had a few cuts on their face and on their arm, Natasha was talking to the boy. He had bruises on his arms and legs. Luckily, they made it out safe, and we can take care of them. I sanitised the last wound and wrapped a bandage. The car had quite a lot of space for us to move around. As soon as I was done, Bucky stopped the car for me to get into the passenger seat. I didn't want to inflict them more trauma. They're a teenager, and they need to think about what happened. I sighed and stared into the distance.

We just blew up a whole building, saved two kids, and made it out alive. I'm honestly glad I know the truth about Barnes. Tony sometimes crosses the line, but maybe it was a good thing, I mean, we can have some fun with being a little secretive. After some time, Natasha made the kids eat some food we had stored in our bags. They didn't want to eat after today's events, but they had to, so Nat basically fed them against their will and made them have some sleep after it.

The car was silent, no music, no talking, just the engine and some silent snores. Hours passed, and the everlasting silence didn't end. It made me uncomfortable and tired at the same time. I could feel my eyes getting heavy. I put on a hoodie I had placed next to me, making sure the sleeves wouldn't slip up and felt myself drifting away.

___-___-___-___《*≧∀≦》___-___-___-___

It's 5am, we're still an hour away, Bucky is driving, and everyone else is asleep. I just stared into the distance. I could hear some 40s music silently playing through the speakers. I didn't know the name or the artist, afterall I didn't really look into most of the songs. Buchanan definitely felt it when I woke up. "Good morning, how was your sleep?" He said I could hear a smile in his voice, I didn't look at him, I didn't even move.

"Not too bad for a car, how long was I asleep for?" My eyes still on the horizon, but I could feel him glancing at me a few times.

"About 9 hours or so, you fell asleep earlier than usual." After that, it was basically just silence, just some light music playing. Everyone in the back was still asleep. Natashas' head was resting on a window as well as the teenager's. The little boy was in the middle, his head on Nat's arm and mouth open. They were basically knocked out.

I moved up slightly to sit more comfortably. My mind was full of thoughts, but it felt like I didn't think of anything at the same time.

"When did it start?"

"What?"

"The..." he hesitated to say something before he opened his mouth once again. "The lines on your... wrist?" I looked at my right arm and quickly covered it up with the fabric of my sleeve.

"Months ago, can't remember."

"Are you planning on stopping?"

"Yeah. 2 days ago, " I turned my head to face my window, I felt something on my cheek. I felt myself crying silently at the thought of how stupid and disgusting I was. How dumb my actions are.

"Y/n, I'm proud of you. You're sober for what, 2 days? Meanwhile, I'm sober only for one, and the fact that you're putting yourself in a position to try and stop yourself, you're strong, I mean you're still here, in a car with us, and that is all I can ask for today." He smiled, and I turned around. He turned to me and back at the road. His right hand touched my cheek and brushed the tear away. "You're really strong and smart, and you're beautiful. You're not stupid, not at all."

"Thank you." I sniffled a little, and he put his hand down on my chair armrest, and I placed mine on his. I wiped another tear with my sleeve and brought my legs on the seat, placing them against my chest.

He turned his palm over and took my hand in his, intertwining our fingers and squeezing my hand a little, showing that he's here for me.

A song ended another one came on. This time, I knew it, I knew every single word that came after the other. It was one song I always imagined to dance to with someone I loved. Of course, I knew it from when I was a little kid on the streets of New York. Asgard aswel, when Loki taught me how to dance, we danced to this to my request. And now, after so long, I hear it again. The calm voice of Michael Bublé ringing through the speakers of our car. I silently sang along. "Other dancers may be on the floor, but dear, my eyes will see only you~"
Suddenly, I felt Bucky was pulling over, I paused the song and looked at him confused, asking for answers on what happened, we're literally in the middle of nowhere. He got out of the car and walked over to my side, opened the door, and held a hand out for me to take.

The song was playing once again. I was now standing, the sun was almost completely raisen up, it was cool outside. Bucky took my hand and spun me. "May I have this dance?" He smiled at me, and I just nodded. He quickly placed his hands on my waist, and I wrapped my around his neck. We swayed with the song, he dipped me and spun me around a few times, but mostly it was just the 1234 1234 1234 1234 over and over. By the end, I rested my head on his chest.

When the melody ended, we stayed there for a minute or two. I hoped this moment would never end. But we had to go back to the compound, and we couldn't really tell anyone about it.