Part 2

Authors Note: The picture is of Max (The vampire boy)

A few days later I'm standing there watching my own funeral. My parents are there standing there stone faced and a bunch of people who didn't like me are also there.

I say to the vampire boy "I can't believe I'm watching my own funeral, It's so weird. All of the people here didn't like me and I didn't like them."

He says with a laugh "It is always weird how people just show up at a funeral for people they don't like."

I laugh too and say "We better get going, I wouldn't want someone looking over and seeing us. Especially since I'm supposed to be dead." 

 He nods and after a moment says in surprise " I just realized I've helped fake your death but I don't know your name yet. Mines Max by the way."

I look at him "You're right, I'm Ashton but you can call me Ash."

He looks over at me and says "Ash, I like it. We should get going." 

With that we head back to where the circus was being taken apart. We go over to a covered wagon and I wait while he goes inside and after a second comes back with two backpacks.

After handing me one he says "Here, now we need to get out of town before someone realizes you're not in the coffin. We'll be trying to reach Brickston by nightfall. That's roughly a days walk from here so we need to get walking."

I nod and we start to walk southeast away from town. Max leads me onto a game trail leading into a forest. I think about all that has happened to me and ask myself if I feel any remorse on leaving. After going through a ton of memories I realize I actually feel happy about leaving. I get to start a new life somewhere else and I have someone who doesn't know anything about me. I glance over at Max and smile to myself. He was a chance for me to be more than just someone who was used and hated. 

Author's note: Question of the part: 

How's your day going? 

Mine's going good.