Chapter Twenty-Eight

Sorry for the long wait!! I have exams next month so I have lots of revision to do. I can't wait until they're over! This chapter is quite happy and relaxed, because I haven't done one of those in a long time and I miss Damon and Eloise together. Anyway, I don't normally ask for comments and the like, but please leave some down there about how cute Damon and Eloise are or what you want to see or something. Pretty please?

I love you guys for everything you've done :)

Anyway, on with the chapter!!

Chapter Twenty-Eight

We stop multiple times in order to use the restrooms and buy more food. We drive for three days before we arrive at our destination. It feels like a blessing to know I do not have to be in that bottom-numbing coach any longer.

I step out of the coach, my limbs stiff and sore. Damon stands in front of me, his eyes shining with mirth, a faint smile painting his lips. He stares down at me for a moment, trapping me in the deep pools of his eyes. Then he steps back, bowing down with a flourish of his arms.

"Our new home, Miss Eloise." He says, searching my face for a reaction.

The house is a two storey house, the windows beautifully framed by ivy, the door made of a dark wood. The garden is drowning in knee-length weeds and flowers. There is a smell of nature in the air; of unbridled wildness, of sprouts being allowed to grow in whichever way they want. There is a smell of pure beauty. My fingers long to touch the growing greenery, the ivy curling up the walls, they long to feel the roughness of the thatched roof and the smoothness of the windows.

A slow smiles shapes itself onto my face and I look up at Damon. "This is our house?"

"This is our home." Damon corrects me. "We will stay here from now on until forever.The two of us. Nobody can tear us apart now. Nobody."

I nod silently, chewing on my lip. "Can we go inside?"

Damon beams. "Of course we can."

He takes my hand, leading me up a stone pathway that takes us to the door. As we walk, I look around myself, revelling in the beauty of the wild, observing all the different plants that have grown, admiring the texture of the ivy that binds the house together, all the while my heart thudding at the warmth of Damon's hand in mine.

Instead of walking straight through the door, Damon stops and raps on the door.

I look up at him in confusion, but Damon just stares at the door, a small smile trained on his face.

Then the door opens. On the inside of the house, stands my dear nurse, Mary.

I soundlessly jump into her arms, allowing myself to cradled like a child for a few moments as I ponder over how awful yet amazing life can be. Just weeks ago, I had become a soul-less shell of a girl shackled with a man who she wanted nothing to do with. Today, I am a free, vibrant woman with the man and nurse I love by my side, ready to support my each and every step.

Life can be so strange!

Mary pulls me into the house, into a room that is homely yet elegant.

There is a grand fireplace at the back, with flames devouring the logs earnestly, providing the room with light and heat. The other light sources are the gas lamps, strategically placed throughout the room. Oil paintings are framed on the walls, depictions of wondrously hilly landscapes and crowds of people milling around a puppet show. Armchairs and chaises are pushed up against the walls with ornamental tables beside them. A huge oak table is in the middle of the room, an urn of flowers (that seem to be picked from outside) placed directly in the center of it. The floor is covered in a lavish Persian carpet with intricate patterns I could not decipher if I tried.