Chapter 3: School Day

Background Song: Canter-Gerry Cinnamon

He woke up at 5:30, ate a small breakfast of toast with butter, before getting dressed and thinking about the case, brushed his teeth and applied deodorant, by then it was 7:30, he watched some TV and read some comic books. By 8:20 he was at the bus stop, the girl he had a crush on, Alice was also there. The two of them were mildly friends, kind to each other, knew about each other, but not close. She was smart and kind, she looked nice nearly every time he saw her, clearly out of his league, He had given up on thinking it would ever happen, especially when she got a boyfriend, though there was no denying that when he heard they broke up last week, he brightened up slightly, but still felt bad for her, she seemed happy with him. They got on the bus, he just sat there on the seat, staring through the window. His first class was unfortunately mathematics, he sat there and listened to the teacher speak, trying to focus, but the crumpled up balls of paper being tossed at him made it difficult. Next was English, he yet again listened throughout the whole class. Recess was okay, he simply spoke to his friend Walter, the two of them discussed some comic books, childishly. Next class was gym, he worked himself to his fullest potential, he hated basketball, but exercise is exercise. During lunch he was putting his stuff in his locker until the next class, he saw Alice getting insulted by her ex boyfriend, he shoves her against the wall, George had enough, just because he wasn't wearing a costume doesn't mean he couldn't help. He punched the guy in the face, causing a nosebleed, the asshole fought back and through a punch of his own, this would give George a black eye, the security hauled them both into the office, each would tell their sides of the story, first was George, he told his side and the principal seemed to believe him, it was the truth after all, and he named multiple witnesses, George took the time that the principal was gone to take the key, he was free to go, there was little chance of him being suspected, he walked to his last class and sat through Science, he went home, not a word said between him and Alice, just an appreciative . George beat himself up about it though, the childish fantasy of protecting a pretty girl from bullies and getting romance in return that kids have when they are eight had nearly become a reality, and he had to remind himself that while he had feelings for her, it had no chance of happening. He decided to focus on the case, he had to.