CHAPTER 41

ROSE'S POV

I was woken up early by Saad to pray, he later on left after making wudhu and headed to the Masjid.

I lazily stood myself up, stretching every aching part of my body and yawning continuously.

I went and brushed my teeth, then made wudhu.

After I finished praying and making dua, I was too lazy to stand up again so I preferred the floor, I just slept right there.

I was shocked and confused when I later on woke up in the bed.

I sat up and looked at the surroundings, I was still in my praying abaya, I looked at the prayer mate, it was neatly folded and kept on the bedside nightstand.

Saad was nowhere around, I stood up and checked the bathroom and then headed to the balcony, he wasn't there.

I came back inside as something caught my eyes, the jigsaw puzzle Saad brought yesterday.

I wonder why he denied the fact that it was a puzzle when it is one.

I went and took a closer look, I took it in my hands and put it on the bed.

I looked at it and started analyzing the pieces, I love such games, I even have a puzzle game on my phone.

It's not going to be difficult for me to solve it, but I have to hurry so Saad doesn't catch me.

I looked across the room and checked for a hiding place, only to prefer the balcony. I took it outside with me and sat in the corner.

Dropping all the pieces down on the floor and scattering them all around, the pieces came out with a piece of paper, I just took it and kept it inside the packet.

I scattered all the pieces around and started analyzing.
After a little while of solving it, I managed to confirm that it was a real picture but whose, it is familiar.

I guess I saw it somewhere here.

The more I solved it, the more the realization hits and the pain growing, I ended up solving the whole puzzle and managed to confirm that it was our first picture ever.

It was our last sports day when I forcefully took his face, I took our first selfie picture and took his phone putting my number forcefully acting like I wanted to send the pictures. But there are other details in the puzzle. It read.

'IM SORRY BUTTERFLY'.

I laughed to myself remembering how he went from calling me a caterpillar to this, butterfly.

He wanted to apologize to me, but why did he hide it, why didn't he want me to see it?

I know he already tried to, even if I denied it. Did he lose all the hope just like that? One, two tries only.

Maybe if he tried again I would, he keeps avoiding me nowadays and it hurts.

But I wanted this, I'm the one who pushed him away, I should be happy.

I remembered that I saw a little piece of paper,
I took the little note I saw before and opened it.

"Your smile is my strength,
I only get this hope from you,
How unique our bond is,
Which made our souls one."

Oh my god, my husband's a poet, it is so beautiful that it made me cry. Are our souls really one?

I wiped my tears hurriedly because I heard the door open and ruined the jigsaw puzzle, I didn't know how to face him with it yet.