Chapter 1: Teee

I wake up with vibration on my bed.

Is it an earthquake? I panic!

No stupid, it's your phone that's vibrating. Relax!

What if there's an emergency in the hospital?

I immediately take my phone, rubbing my eyes.

"Razz Calling"

I check the time, it's 2:31 am. I wonder why she is calling me in this hour. My phone stops vibrating before I pick up the call.

Maybe she called me by mistake.

I keep my phone on the side table and stretch my arms. The phone call spoiled the beautiful dream I was having.

*DING* I get a text as I'm about to go back to sleep.

All I can think of is my expectant patients, needing my suggestions. I am used to receiving texts from my patients at unexpected times. The messages are Like: - The baby is kicking too much, is it okay? The baby didn't kick me today, is it okay? I'm having chest burn, is it normal? I don't feel like eating anything. I'm always hungry, why doctor? Doctor, my mood changes in seconds, is it normal?

I take my phone and check the text. It is from Razz. It's unexpected!

"Tee, you didn't receive my call, maybe you're in hospital right now. Once you see this msg, call me. It's urgenTTTTTTeeeeee."

Her text sounds scary and funny at the same time. However, I hope she is okay. I immediately click on the call button.

"Tee!!!" Razz picks up the call within seconds, she doesn't even give me the chance of overthinking.

"What's up?" I ask, yawning. She sounds okay.

"I need to tell you something." She says, in the most excited way.

"Are you pregnant?" I ask in a serious tone because why'd you call your gynecologist best friend in the middle of the night?

"What??? Tee!!! You're crazy." She says and laughs for like 10 seconds.

"What's so urgent that you called me at this hour? You know how rarely I am off duty at night!" I sigh. I was sleeping peacefully at home after one month of night duty at hospital.

"I know... but it's urgent!" Razz adds, sounding desperate.

"It better is. What's the matter?" I ask.

"We're going to Darjeeling and Sikkim for a week!" She shouts, making me pull the phone away from my ear, still I can hear her loud. Let me warn you, this girl shouts all the time.

"Wow! Great! Have fun. Send me photos." I reply in half sleepy state. As much as I love her, I am not interested in her pre trip talks in the middle of the night.

"Nah bro! You're coming with us." She giggles like a little girl.

"Why'd you want me to be a third wheeler between you and your loving husband?" I say in a serious tone. I don't know why but couples don't care about single people like me. They start cuddling anywhere anytime, making us all awkward.

"Tee, there will be other people as well. I'll meet you tomorrow and explain in detail. You can sleep now!" She says after ruining my sleep.

"Thank you for the permission to sleep. But, sorry I'll be busy tomorrow!" I say, staring at Razz's and my photo which is placed on the table. I love her the most but I get grumpy when I'm disturbed while sleeping.

"Don't worry about it. I have already taken an appointment for tomorrow." She laughs an ugly evil laugh.

"Cool! Then I'll see you tomorrow!" I know she is joking around.