No Killer, the joke isn't funny

"I don't even want to know." Unimpressed, Error looked at Killer, who was making himself candles with his threads woven into them. He also saw the seemingly self-painted T-shirts that featured a moth in his colors and a silhouette with glowing eyes. And in Killer's terrible handwriting was written: "Do you believe in Mothman?"

"It'll be fine, you'll see!" claimed Killer with a big grin. Error could already see the trouble this idiot was going to get himself into. "People will love you! You will be adored everywhere!"

"I won't help you if this all backfires. You started it, you have to pay for it too." Even though they both knew that was a lie. That Error would always help Killer when he got himself into trouble. He had a soft heart.

Laughing, Killer grinned at him, his soul buzzing with excitement and affection. It was...a pleasant melody. It always reassured Error that everything would be okay. "I love you too Grumpy!"

"Hey!"

-

A few weeks had passed since then and Error had heard nothing more about Killers Cult. He just assumed that it was over, that nothing had come of the whole thing. Who would be so stupid as to join a culture if what is worshiped doesn't even exist. Because yes, he may exist, but Mothman? This creature definitely didn't.

Just... Apparently there were a few idiots who joined Killer's culture. Because one day as he was walking through the town at the foot of the mountain on which the Tree of Emotions stood, he heard the whispering. About how his wings looked exactly like Mothman's. How his eyes glowed just like in the pictures. But no one spoke to him about it yet. They didn't seem to dare anger him, Mothman or not. The fact that his training as a Guardian was also almost complete was certainly related to this issue as well. He may not have been a destroyer anymore, but he definitely still knew how to act as one. And it helped wonderfully to keep people away from him. Then they never dared to approach him. It was heavenly.

At least it was until people decided to openly worship him on the streets, even stopping him and giving him small offerings along with the promise that they will always be loyal to him, will worship him forever. And unfortunately, no matter how much his ego liked it, he knew they were talking about Mothman. That they were talking about stupid drawing that Killer had drawn on a large piece of paper and, according to him, hung above the altar so that everyone could pray to him better.

Was Killer even aware of how much this could backfire? How soon can this version of Mothman truly exist if he can get enough people and monsters to believe in it? With so many wanting it, even the Multiverse wouldn't say no. Especially when it was launched by one of his treasures. Plus, maybe he didn't want to deal with a vain moth who just wanted attention from everyone. This role still belonged to him and him alone! And he wouldn't share that with anyone!

-

"No." Unimpressed, Error looked at Killer. Maybe he just seemed a little embarrassed. But he can't say yes to a request like that. "I'm not going to dress up like that Mothman just so you can keep your cult running.

"Oh come on, Ruru! Please? They desperately want proof that you really exist. Do you want to disappoint your fans so badly?"

"My "fans"," Error began in an annoyed tone, not softening at Killer's pleading look, no matter how cute he looked with those big eyes. "Are only interested in Mothman, not me. So find someone else to dress up as Mothman for you."

"But you're perfect for it!" Killer just whined, leaning against him almost exaggeratedly. "No one else can be Mothman, only you! All others would just be cheap imitations!"

"Of course they would just be a cheap imitation. Nobody is better than me." Error snorted and only then noticed the trap Killer had lured him into. He snorted in frustration and gave him a dissatisfied look. "For once! Today is an exception!"