Just stay. Please.

AN: Set during the hollow chapters and about the time after Evangeline recovered.

~•~•~•~•~

  Jacks hadn't slept in days. He couldn't.
His body and mind begged for him to lay down, but his thoughts had other plans.
In his head, his thoughts were running around in confusion.
Was little fox, Ok?
What does she think of, when he had bandaged her, now?
Does she recoil at the thought?
Blush? Scowl? Worry? Grimace?
Why had she not told him about the truth stone?
Did she not trust hi- No she doesn't trust him, and she shouldn't.

Jacks sighed in exhaustion.

  But his thoughts weren't the only reason he couldn't catch sleep.
Ever since Little Fox fell to her deep slumber, whenever he closed his eyes, he'd see his Little Fox doubling over in pain as blood covers her back like a velvet wine cape, while she cries in pain.

  All he can smell is the metallic and sickly sweet blood.

  All he can taste is the dread and blood pooling his tongue.

  All he can hear is her cries of pain and pleas for help.

  And the worst part is that all he can do is watch. He can't move. He can't tell her it would be, ok. He can only watch, as his Little Fox suffers, gets tortured.
  It makes him want to cry.
To die, if he could just spare her from that agony.
He would rather get tortured to the ground physically, rather than see her like that.

  Overall, it was extremely difficult to even try to sleep. So he opted for staying awake, even if he knew that Little Fox was safe because he'd put her to bed himself. But, now...

Maybe she would be awake already?

Well, then he had a choice to make.

  He could continue to sit here and think until she would come find him, and she would seem like the desperate one.

  Or, he could go check up on her under the false pretense that he heard some noises from the loft in the tree...

Or, he could say he saw someth-

  No. Just go and see if she's awake, lie about the noises, and tease her about something. Now, that's a good plan, Jacks told himself.

  Internally cringing at himself, Jacks reluctantly pushed himself off the plush, pumpkin orange couch with far too many embroidered pillows that he'd been sitting next to for the last two hours.

Fates, he was becoming pathetic.