𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹

ρяσℓσgυє | 𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍●・○・●・○・●

ρяσℓσgυє | 𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍
●・○・●・○・●

"Everything is going to be okay."
Percy thought as he looked at his mother who was taking deep breaths, clutching a note to her chest, a note which upon remembering its content caused Percy to clench his hand into a fist.

The young Jackson had returned to his apartment with Annabeth after their date. The two entered the Jackson home, chatting about something Annabeth had overheard from one of the camp counselors, but their conversation was cut short when they sensed the tension in the apartment and heard the sobs coming from Sally Jackson. Percy didn't waste a minute before running towards where his mother was, who to his surprise and concern was in the living room crying in the arms of his stepfather Paul and to his shock his father Poseidon was also standing there next to the couple, his expression reflecting anger, his eyes flashed with a hurricane of the emotions he was feeling at that moment.

Percy shot a questioning look at Paul, wondering what had happened to which the man just gave him a sad smile and whispered to talk to his mother before standing up and approaching Annabeth who was watching the scene with an expression of complete confusion, Paul put his hand on the girl's shoulder before asking her to help him make some tea for Sally. Clearly, the man didn't need the help to make a simple tea, but Annabeth knew he was doing it to give a private moment to the parents and son whose world had been shaken by some news, so with a sigh Annabeth followed Paul into the kitchen.

Percy knelt down in front of his mother and took one of her hands in his, Sally at feeling the comfort provided by her son's hand in hers immediately turned her gaze towards him, revealing the sea of emotions reflected in her eyes causing Percy to squeeze his mother's hand in shock at seeing her in such an emotional mess.

Sally took a shaky breath as she continued to look at her son. She knew she had to calm down in order to inform Percy the cause of her breakdown, so closing her eyes and trying to slightly clear her mind to form the necessary words, Sally let out a deep sigh and opened her eyes, connecting them again with those of her son who was watching her with concern, and without wasting another minute she let out the words that immediately caused a lump in Percy's throat.

Percy slightly shook his head before turning his gaze to Poseidon who at seeing his son's expression pleading for confirmation of what his mother had told him, simply nodded. Percy returned his gaze to his mother, understanding now why her eyes expressed so many emotions, emotions that Sally now saw in her son's sea-green eyes.

The young Jackson didn't know what to say, his mind couldn't put together the necessary words to be able to express what he felt since the only thing that kept repeating in his mind was what his mother had said only a few seconds ago, 'his brother, his twin was alive.' And with that thought the young Jackson was left as suddenly a bright light surrounded the apartment so fast that not even Poseidon could do anything. The last thing Percy heard was his mother's gasp of surprise and the distant sound of a mug breaking in the kitchen before Percy was trapped in the darkness of unconsciousness.