Episode 13: The First Day

[Open on a dark backstage. Luz activates a light glyph and holds it between her and Eda. David, on the other hand, is also practicing his wolf powers.]

Luz: I-I'm not ready for this Eda. Maybe we should go back.

David: Yeah Eda, we're not sure if we gonna get in if we failed the test.

Eda: Nah, kids, you two got this. Just do what we practiced!

Luz: But what if... What if I mess something up? Or what if I do something wrong? [Gasps.] What if I die?

David: Luz, relax. Your not gonna die, stop being over dramatic.

Luz: Easy for you to say. It's always "nothing's gonna happen" or "things is a okay" type of thing.

David: Hey, I was just trying to help you overcome stage fright.

Eda: Hey. Calm down, calm down you two. I had to do the same thing when I was a witchling. It's like a rite of passage. Granted, I was a little more skilled.

Luz: Eda!

David: [Rubbed his forehead.] Oh boy.

Eda: Right, right. Sorry, sorry. Now, get pumped.

Luz: Pumped!

David: [Sigh.] Pumped!

Eda: Get ready.

Luz: [Pulls hood up.] Ready!

David: [Adjusting his hoodie.] Ready!

Eda: Now, go! [Shoves them.]

[Cut to the stage, a spotlight aimed at the closed curtains and a banner reading "Hexside School: Entrance Exams." The curtains open. Luz jumps on stage in a dark cloak while David did a backflip and landed perfectly while wearing a black cape.]

Luz [Movie trailer narrator voice.] From the humblest of beginnings, a hero will rise. [Normal voice.] I have traveled from another realm and trained with a powerful witch to master dark and forbidden magic. I am... [Takes cloak off with a twirl.] Luz Noceda!

David: [Movie trailer narration voice.] In a world filled with magic and monsters, a new warrior has come into the realm [English accent.] A warrior with the heart of a wolf, the strength of the beast and the power of the moon. I've been going around each realms in search of finding my true self and battle against those who threaten the lives of innocent people. I am know as... [Dramatic cape wind. Normal voice] David Algernon!

[Reveal the audience, which is empty except for Principal Bump sitting in the front row with a clipboard.]

David: Uhhh... [Did a jazz hand.] Tada! [Chuckle nervously and started to sweat.]

Luz: [Chuckles awkwardly, tosses confetti out of a fanny pack.] Confetti!

Principal Bump    : Right. The human and the wolf boy that wants to be witches. Against my better judgement, I've allowed you two to take this exam into Hexside. But can you even do magic with all your wolf abilities and... human parts? Mr. David Algernon, let me see your werewolf powers.

David: Sure thing. Watch this. [He closed his eyes and opens it to reveal blue eyes. He started to grow sharp teeth and claws along with a tail appears behind him.] Let me show you how it's done.

[David, in his New Alpha form, began to howl into the air and began doing stunts on stage by clawing, biting and even uses werewolf powers such as ice and fire. Luz was awed by his moves and began to feel her heart pumping. He ended the show by did a power jump and land his feet on the floor. He then turns back into his human form.]

David: What do you think?

Principal Bump: The boy with the power of the wolf beast, that's an interesting ability, young man. And you, Luz the Human, show me what you human can do.