Chapter 6: We can't use other weapons?!

As our journey through this small country continued, I couldn't fight the annoyance that crept up my spine. Naofumi and Myne were acting too cozy for comfort, and I had trouble suppressing my frustration.

For some reason, something about Myne rubbed me the wrong way. Her presence in our party bugged me. My gut feeling told me that something was off about her. I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was, but something was strange.

Was I just overthinking? Or was I right to doubt her motives?I push those thoughts away and turned to face Naofumi and Myne. "Hey, Myne, do you happen to know of any good weaponry shops around here?" I said, letting out a gentle cough to get their attention.

Since I need decent weapons if I'm going to fight these waves, finding a good vendor should be my next priority.

"Ofcourse, I know a really good one!" Myne exclaimed, brimming with enthusiasm. "Right this way," she added, beaming with the joy of a child.

"Er...yes, of course," I responded, somewhat overwhelmed by her exuberance.

As Naofumi and myself followed Myne, we quickly arrived at a shop showcasing an array of weaponry. Among the selection were numerous shields, swords, bows, and armours, which glinted brightly in the sunlight streaming through the shop's open window.

"So this is a weapon shop!" Naofumi remarked, while eyeing the impressive array of weaponry on display. "It is sufficient," I concurred, as I headed towards the sword section. "We shall purchase temporary arms for now," I added, contemplating which blade fit my requirements best.

It's been some time since I last held a sword, back in the days before my parents' divorce. It was my father's passion and he even went through the trouble of teaching me the basics, but once he eventually left, I completely abandoned it altogether. As I reminisce, I feel a single tear drop from my eyes, bringing forth a bittersweet memory.

Upon swatting away the tear that had made its way down my cheek, I reached for one of the swords, prepared to grasp it in my hand and wield it with confidence.

However, my bravery was cut short as I felt a sharp jolt of electricity course through my body upon contact. The sword tumbled out of my grasp, and I fell abruptly to the ground in shock.

Naofumi raced toward me with Myne in tow, along with a bald stranger by his side. He yelled to ask if I was okey, but I pushed him away and reached for the sword once more. Unfortunately, upon grasping the weapon, I was once again engulfed by a sudden electric shock, compelling me to drop it once again.

"Damn it! What the hell is going on!" I exclaimed as I attempted to grasp the bow on top of the stand. However, just as before, I was shocked by yet another unexpected jolt of electricity running through me.

It was then that I was suddenly met with a warning message, informing me that using any weapon other than my assigned one was strictly prohibited. "What sort of nonsense is this?" I exclaimed, growing increasingly irritated. "Are we not allowed to wield any other weapon aside from our assigned one?" I continued, unable to make sense of this newly set restriction.

"I guess it appears that we aren't allowed to use another weapon than the one assigned to us," I said, sighing softly in frustration as I turned to Naofumi. "So I'm going to have to fight with a shield, then?" Naofumi was taken aback. "Stop complaining. At least you have a shield. I only have this metal rod," I exclaimed, my annoyance still lingering in my voice.

"Why don't you three just purchase some temporary armor?" the bald guy proposed.

"Hmm, well, I suppose that makes sense... Wait, hold on, who are you?" I asked, turning to the bald man in confusion. "Oh, right, he's the owner of the shop and, yeah, having some armor would be nice," Naofumi chimed in, coming to my aid.

"No thanks on the armor, but do you have an assassins' robe by any chance?" I asked, turning toward the bald man. Such an outfit would be quite beneficial for me as it would allow me to blend into the shadows and facilitate a quick getaway. Besides, the assassins' robes are typically lighter than armor, which would make it easier for me to move swiftly.

"Yes! If you'd like, I also have a full set available for purchase." He turned his attention towards me as well.

"Wow, you look terrific, Sir hero!" Myne exclaimed, wrapping her arms around my arm with enthusiasm

"Wow, you look terrific, Sir hero!" Myne exclaimed, wrapping her arms around my arm with enthusiasm. "Er, thank you," I responded with a touch of hesitation, trying not to show how slightly awkward I felt by her sudden physical affection.

Upon turning to examine Naofumi, decked out in armor, I offered a stilted compliment. "You look good, Naofumi," I managed, my awkwardness clearly detectable in my tone. Naofumi only returned me a smile which made me a tiny bit embarrassed.

"S-so, how much am I looking at here?" I inquired, turning to the bald shopkeeper still embarrassed. "120 Silver for the armor, and I'm willing to cut you a deal for the assassin's robe and outfit since it's rather dated, so how about 100
Silver on that one?" he rejoined, extending me a generous bargain.

"Very well, deal," I agreed with a satisfied expression, pleased with the arrangement. Fortunately enough, the King had granted me the privilege of having 600 Silver at my disposal, making this transaction far more feasible.

With the shopkeeper satisfied and our pockets a twinge lighter, we headed beyond the borders of the kingdom with the intention of tangling with some low level monsters to hone our skills

(A/N: that's the end of chapter 6 anyways good news guys I'm going to be making yet another story! Obey me X Diabolik Lovers one of my friends most requested although this has been done before I'll put a little spice into it)

A little spoilers:

(Pictures not mine I only edited it credits to the owner)

As you venture around a world inhabited by demons and vampires, you begin to realize that this seemingly whimsical world is not as it seems. Beneath its sugary exterior lies a dark and twisted reality - a world of bloodshed, pain, and regret.