Chapter Three |• PDA

The little group of three sat quietly in the van, Lloyd and Gwen patiently waiting for their target to come running to Fritz

Fritz was sitting very uncomfortably across from the two as the explorer each others bodies in front of him.

It was when the vibrations from his phone signaling that he was getting a call did they pull away from each other.

"You gonna answer it?", Lloyd asked Fritz as the man stared at the caller, knowing that it was the guy he thought as a son.

"Let's hope it's good news?", Gwen smirked rehotorically as Fritz tentatively reached forward to pick up his phone.

"Speakerphone", Lloyd reminded him, pointing to the phone as Fritz then answered it, putting it on speaker as asked of him.

"Hello", Fritz reluctantly spoke.

"It's me", the voice of their target came through panting.

"Where are you?", Fritz then asked, staring at Lloyd and Gwen blankly.

"Emotionally? I've been better", he joked, seeming to be out of breath. "The extraction team? They've been better too."

"Are you okay? You hurt?", Fritz went off the set of questions Lloyd and Gwen had ordered him to ask, letting his genuine concern through.

"You know what, Fritz?", a lot of rustling sounds came through the phone. "I'm trying to figure out what answer it is that you want."

"They leveraged me, kid?", Fritz revealed, Gwen rolling her eyes. "They have my niece. You hear me?"

"Hold on. You're breaking up", Sierra Six said into the phone.

"Hello? Hello?", Fritz called down the phone worriedly.

"Okay, there you are", he came back on the phone. "Sounds like you're in a real pickle, Fitz."

Leaning forward Lloyd yanked the phone out of Fritz's hands and brought it up toward his own mouth.

"Hey, Sunshine! Lloyd Hansen here", Lloyd condescendingly spoke. "I'm the one running this op."

"We're running this op", Gwen corrected, grabbing the phone harshly from Lloyds hands as she brought it up, smacking Lloyds hands away as he tried to get it back.

"Gwen Fowler here, and I am the one whose really running this op", she spoke with a smirk, kicking Lloyd back as he tried to once again get the phone off her.

"What op?", Six asked, he wasn't answered straight away as he heard lots of rustling and low whispers of struggles.

As on the other side of the phone, Lloyd had grabbed onto Gwen as she began struggling, trying to shuffle away from him.