𝚂𝙸𝚇

Screams echoed throughout the labs as Valeria did her best to tune them out, which had become horrifyingly easier as the day went on. She scrolled through the tablet in her hands, data notes followed by the picture of the man being tortured in the room next door filling the screen.

She scrolled through, frowning in discomfort at the information on the screen. Everything from his date of birth to where he frequently visited was listed, as well as any information gained from torturing him. It made Valeria sick to her stomach as the screams continued again. Still, she knew it would go on for hours longer if he continued to be stubborn.

The only person who could end his suffering sooner would be her. Peacekeepers would drag it on for as long as they could, not having as much care for the rebels as Valeria did.

She set the tablet down at the table before she turned and walked towards the large window that overlooked the torture room. She grimaced at the bloodied sight of the man in the chair, watching as a peacekeeper landed another hard blow to the stomach.

At the rate the peacekeepers were going, it would take hours if not days to get the information needed. Unnecessary torture for the fun of it, and Valeria didn't want to make the man go through that much. Better to shorten the amount of suffering he'd have to go through.

Valeria didn't waste another second as she opened the door to her left, stepping into the brightly lit room with a confidence her mind didn't quite share. The peacekeepers paused when they saw her, stepping back from the bloodied man as she walked over to the wall of torture devices on the wall. She settled with an electric baton.

The peacekeepers backed away as she approached the man, ignoring the voice in the back screaming at her that what she was about to do was wrong on so many levels, but she ignored it like she always did. As she caught sight of the man, her mind flashed back to only a few weeks ago. She remembered meeting him ago, along with a few other rebellion members, but it came as no surprise that as he looked up at her that he didn't recognize her.

This situation was the very reason she wore a mask whenever she met with other rebellion members. If someone was caught, it would only be a matter of time before they spilled everything no matter how strong their will was. That was something torture did to a person.

"Hello, there," Valeria greeted mockingly as she stood in front of the man, watching as he took in her pale hair and bright blue eyes. The hatred was immediate, as was the reaction he gave as he spit at her feet in disrespect.

"Good, you know who I am," Valeria stated as she ignored the blood spit splattered across her shoes. "That makes this easier. Who gave you the information to get past security?"

"Rot in hell," the man spat, although his delivery was weaker than she was sure he intended it to be, a full day of torture leaving him weakened.

"Suit yourself," Valeria shrugged as she shoved the electric tip of the baton into his side, ignoring the yells the man released as she held it there for several seconds before pulling back.

She pushed away a strand of hair in her face as she stared down at the man whose breaths had turned heavy at the torture. Valeria had learned over the years that some of the most effective and quickest ways of torture was electrocution. She wished she didn't need to know that information, but there was nothing she could do but use it to her advantage.

When he remained silent, she repeated the process a few more times as each time she dragged on how long she electrocuted him. Minutes turned to hours as he refused to answer her questions, and she was beginning to doubt he would ever break. It wasn't until after the water-boarding that he broke, sobs streaming down his face as his body could no longer handle the torture.