Prologue

Koneko broke down the door to the church, as Kiba and Issei stepped forward, ready for a fight... but they were too late.  The walls were splattered in blood, and dozens of Fallen Angels were positioned around the room... all of them dead.  A figure was standing in the middle of the room, holding a segmented staff and pinning a Fallen Angel to the ground with his heel.  He was wearing a dark red trench coat, and his head was shrouded in black smoke, except for one glowing eye in the middle of his face.  He raised the staff and smashed it down into the Fallen Angel's face, splattering his head across the floor.  His head then snapped towards them, but upon seeing them, his weapon vanished and he stood up.

Kiba: Who are you?

The boy chuckled, speaking in a warped voice.

???: I am afraid that is not of any concern to you right now.  Asia Argento is down the staircase behind the altar, and Raynare is about to perform the ritual to remove her Sacred Gear.  I suggest you hurry to her aid.

Issei: Huh?  You're not gonna help us?

???: Have I not assisted you already?

The boy gestured around the room, showing off the dozens of Fallen Angel corpses spread about.

???: Tell your master that I will be visiting your clubhouse tomorrow to formally introduce myself.  Farewell, for now.

With that, the boy vanished.  Kiba, Koneko, and Issei looked at each other, confused.

Issei: Did you guys know who he was?

Koneko: No.

Kiba: We'll worry about it later. Let's go save that nun.

YN POV

I walked through the woods, my face still obscured.  I didn't want to reveal myself just yet.  I heard a snap behind me, and I glanced over my shoulder to see two girls there.  One with crimson hair, and another with black hair and lightning crackling around her.

Rias: Who are you?  Are you a Fallen Angel?

I chuckled, turning towards them.

YN: No, nor am I a Devil or an Angel.

Rias: Then what is the magical presence I sense from you.

YN: I said I was not of the three factions, I never said I was human.  You must be Rias Gremory, heir to the Gremory household.  I must ask, do even the Devils believe that God created this world?

Rias and the other girl looked confused as I looked up at the sky.

YN: This world existed long before the Devils, Angels, Fallen Angels, even God himself.  And he was far from the first deity.  I can see many things that you can not... even the ghosts of the Old Gods who came before the one you know.

 even the ghosts of the Old Gods who came before the one you know

I stared up at the massive ghost, before looking back to Rias.  The girls now looked even more confused.  I sighed, turning around.

YN: Ah, I'm rambling, I do apologize for that.  I'll take my leave now.

I began to walk away, but Rias called after me.

Rias: Who are you?

YN: Oh, I apologize.  I will be at your clubhouse tomorrow evening to formally introduce myself, there are things we must discuss.  And before you ask, no.

I looked over my shoulder at her again.

YN: I do not wish to be your servant.  I am my own person, and I will continue to conduct myself as such.  Farewell, Rias Gremory.

With that, I vanished, leaving the two girls with more questions than they started with.