Chapter 1: To the woods and caught by dad

Scott McCall is sitting on his bed in his room, wearing only a pair of gym shorts, as he re-threads the laces on his lacrosse stick

Scott McCall is sitting on his bed in his room, wearing only a pair of gym shorts, as he re-threads the laces on his lacrosse stick. Once he's determined that the net on his stick is secure and loose enough, he tosses the stick on his bed before walking toward the bathroom door, where he has a bar mounted on the lintel. After doing a series of chin-ups, Scott goes into the bathroom, where he brushes his teeth and washes his face before bed.

Suddenly, Scott hears a noise outside and pauses to listen for danger. The scene cuts to the front porch, where Scott, now in a red hoodie, walks outside with a wooden baseball bat in hand as he investigates what is causing the noise. Suddenly, a figure appears hanging from the roof, and Scott yelps in terror, almost hitting the person in the face with his bat until he realizes that it is Hope Stilinski, his best friend, who is yelping just as loudly.

"Ahhh!!!!"

"Dear god!" Melissa said, exclaiming at the two.

"Why not use a door?" Isaac asked, curious and confused.

"Cuz. Doors are boring." The girl replied, smiling.

"What?"

"Hope, what the hell are you doing?!" Scott said, putting the bat down, huffing.

"You weren't answering your phone!" Hope exclaimed, before eyeing the bat. "Why do you have a bat?"

"Isn't that mine?" Hope asked, as Scott's eyes widened.

"Nope!"

"I thought you were a predator!" Scott said, annoyed.

"Excuse me? I'm too pretty to be a predator, thank you very much." Hope snarked.

"Corse you are." Lydia said, smiling softly.

"Okay. Look, I know it's late, but you gotta hear this. I saw my dad leave twenty minutes ago. Dispatch called-- they're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department, and even state police." Hope explained to him.

Scott frowned at the information he was receiving. "For what?"

"Two joggers found a body in the woods." Hope replies.

"Sorry." Hope apologies to Derek.

"It's fine."

Reaching up to pull herself free of the trellis, Hope lands on his feet in front of Scott, who still looks confused.

"What, a dead body?"

"Nah, totally not." Isaac says, rolling his eyes.

Hope reaches up and leans on the railing to look at Scott at eye-level with a sarcastic expression. "No, a body of water." She then rolls her eyes. "Yes, dumbass. A dead body."

Scott looks unnerved about this news as Hope climbs over the railing to join him on the porch.

"You mean, like, murdered?"