1: Waving Through A Window

"I heard he tried to kill himself."
"I heard he's quirkless."
"So sad, imagine the fate of his parents."

Everyone starts with stars in their eyes, feeling as if they fit in. But its said not every star rises, and not all men are created equal. Izuku learned this from a young age. In a world full of super powers, he was born without one. He felt hopeless from a young age, wondering just how he was going to survive in a world that despised him.

In a world full of heroes and villains, which one was he destined to be?

Izuku contemplated this day after day, wondering what he would do. Until one fateful day, his quirk developed. On that day, his quirk developed, and his mother died. He had tried to use his quirk, healing, to save her but had failed. Losing his mother had been one thing, along with developing a quirk, but Izuku also grew distant from his father.

On that day Hisashi felt he not only lost his wife, but his son. Izuku struggled mentally after his quirk developed, and a whole plethora of issues seemed to pop up with the quirk. Most being bullies. Katsuki Bakugou, his best friend, tried his best to shield his friend from the bullies, but eventually developed into one himself, leaving the greenette as everyone else did.

Izuku, who was currently sitting on the roof of his house, sighed as he leaned back, watching the stars and drinking in the peaceful air. He held up his hands, taking a deep breath of the cold air as he tried to shake the memories swirling in his head away. he could imagine his mothers blood on his hands, the bright red liquid that seemed to stick to his hands even after he scrubbed them. He seemed to see the blood weeks after the incident.

His green curls seemed to ruffle in the wind as he debated talking to his father. Making a split decision as the sun began to rise, he positioned himself on the ledge, gripping just right to lower himself back into his window.

Hisashi glanced up as his son as he entered the kitchen, narrowing his eyes as he noticed the eye bags under his sons eyes were worse. Izuku shifted under his fathers gaze but said nothing, heading for the fridge and pulling out a cup of coffee.

Hisashi resisted the urge to sigh. He understood his son enough to know he wanted to be in his presence when he was upset, but he wouldn't necessarily talk. Hisashi hadn't heard his son talk very much for years, as the boy usually chose to sign answers to people or write things down.

He could only wonder what had his son upset this time, but based off of the way he was staring at his hands that were wrapped around the coffee cup, Hisashi could guess it was memories about his mother.

Hisashi was unsure how to help his son, but offered a nod of support and acknowledgment, as he knew his son wasn't one for being hugged. Today was his first day at UA high, somewhere he had always dreamed of getting into, but had quickly lost as he was sure he wouldn't be accepted.

He was accepted, as an intern under Recovery Girl, and would be attending heroics classes as well. It was time for a new start, and Izuku would figureout how to manage it soon.

...

Hitoshi sighed as he thought of the boy at the entrance exams to UA. He had been silent the entire time he patched Shinsou up under the watchful eye of recovery girl, but he was so gentle with Hitoshi... despite hearing all of the other kids talk about his quirk and lack of abilities.

Hitoshi had gotten a sense of sadness and some regret from the boy, as his hands had been shaking as he had given Hitoshi stitches before using his quirk on him, closing the wound effectively. Hitoshi thought it was pretty cool, to have a healing quirk in a world full of what seemed to be defensive and offensive quirks.

Hitoshi briefly wondered if he would see the boy again in UA, tapping his pencil lightly against his paper before his friend, Mina, caught his attention back to his homework.

...

"So! Are you excited?" Mina asked as she bounced around Hitoshi. The purple haired boy raised an eyebrow.

"Certainly not excited as you," he snorted as he grinned at his friend. He was happy to have Mina, as no one else was really willing to talk to him. His quirk was voice activated afterall, and brainwashing at that. Hitoshi couldn't help but frown as a familiar presence seemed to hit him like a truck and he turned slightly, glancing over his shoulder to see a familiar bush of green hair that he had met at the entrance exam.

Mina seemed to shiver next to him as she followed his gaze.

"That's Midoriya Izuku, he has a healing quirk and he's in our class, but he's rather reserved, his quietness freaks me out" Mina explained at Hitoshis questioning glance. Hitoshi nodded as he observed the boy who seemed to be looking around UA in wonder.

Hitoshi made a mental note to talk to the greenette later, but pushed it off as the bell for class rang.

...

Izuku could feel people's eyes on him, and it made him nervous. He recognized the kid he had patched up at the Enterance exam, standing next to a girl with pink hair and horns, observing him. Izuku pretended not to notice, looking around in wonder as he studied his surroundings.

There were about three possible exits, and he could always make more if he needed to. His habit of escaping from bullies seemed to kick in as the bell rang. Izuku squared his shoulders and took a deep breath. This was a nw beginning, he would do better. He would save people.

After all, that was all he could tell himself.