chp. 2 ♩ moonlight

。・:  *♩  *₊ °

。・: *♩ *₊ ° .•

Petra seamlessly adapted to your bustling schedule, encouraging you to immerse yourself in the weekend with your friends. Mikasa, extending a warm invitation, proposed a meeting at a nearby city cafe, just between the two of you. This ensured not only an update on each other's lives but also a genuine chance to spend quality time together.

A soft murmur, whispers of stories with every drink, and cosmic conversation in porcelain cups as time passes.

The fraudulent fur of your coat glinted with the elegant perfume of the café. The air compressor glanced firmly at you, spreading tremors down your spine. You wore your brown trench coat with your palms tucked within the sleeves with precision.

Mikasa gazed at the case of pastries beside the cashier counter as yourself and the woman sporting the raven-colored locks were patiently waiting for your coffee orders.

"Eren is coming to pick me up later. We could give you a ride home, if you want." Mikasa pondered as she informed you of Eren's soon upcoming presence. Her delicately pale fingertips caressed her hair.

"Then what, I'll become a thirdwheel?" you murmured, putting your eyebrows together and slightly pursed lips. You grin and shake your head. "I'm fine, I'll call Petra."

Mikasa sighed and jolted at noticing the beverages displayed on the waiter's tray. "Armin is coming along, actually." she added, clenching her teeth gently as she swirled the spoon that was lying in her coffee mug. "Technically, that doesn't make you a third wheel."

The jazz soundtrack that blared on the cafe's equipment occurred stylishly loud. You felt safe particularly because the barriers' robust, brown brickwork conveyed an illusion that their dimensions appeared substantially bigger compared to what they actually were. In addition to a sigh of relief, you meticulously inspected your well-caffeinated purchase. Your senses were bombarded with an enchanting perfume whilst the liquefied coffee bean pods disintegrated.

Taking a deep inhale, you raised the cup to your lips and felt its warmth radiate through your palms. You stopped in time, thinking that Armin would soon arrive at the location where you were.