Chapter 24: Reinforcement

Miyuki let out a quiet sigh as she folded the Earth Kingdom clothing up and switched them out for the Fire Nation clothing she'd gotten from Zuko at the beginning of this journey. Her heart ached a little at the thought of him, but she shook him from her thoughts quickly. If she dwelled on him, it would hurt, and there was no room for that right now. She repeated to herself multiple times that he had betrayed her and his uncle, and because of that, it was over. They were over. He was over. And she didn't care.

Still, the pink dress with maroon lining and gold accents was, perhaps, the most feminine of all the clothes that she'd gotten the chance to wear so far. She didn't mind it, especially given the fact that it stayed out of her way while she was fighting.

She pulled some of her long hair up into a topknot and secured it with a golden clip shaped like a small flame before putting on the maroon cloak she'd taken from one of the other rooms and securing the clasp in the front. With that, she looked just like someone from the Fire Nation. She debated taking out her earrings, but she'd taken a shine to them. She liked the star and moon accents even if they did hint at her home country. She set about hiding her weapons on her person before heading up to the deck.

"Miyuki, you're just in time. I was about to find you and see if you'd join us and revamp the invasion-" Sokka's mouth dropped to the floor.

"I'd be happy to join the meeting," she replied coolly, "Lead the way."

·:*¨༺ ★ ༻¨*:·.

Miyuki's brow furrowed as she listened to the original plans to use the eclipse to take advantage of the time that the fire benders would be unable to bend. "Miyuki, you're making a scary looking face. What is it?" Sokka asked.

"You do know that the total eclipse will only last eight minutes, right?" she asked. The room fell silent and she let out a quiet sigh. "I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news and to point out such a huge damper on your plans, but it needs to be said while we still have time to change things up." She folded her arms and continued to think. "On top of the fact that we no longer have the Earth Kingdom armies to bolster our numbers, it'll be impossible to hold a large-scale invasion like you planned on originally. But not all hope is lost. Forget about the large-scale invasion, let's launch a small-scale one. Eight minutes of defenselessness is still eight minutes. We can use that."

She drew water from the air and froze them into intricate pieces to depict ships and people. She placed them on the map.

"We can start by making our own army. You guys have been traveling around the Earth Kingdom, so surely, you've made some allies along the way?" she asked, sending the smaller pieces representative of people to Sokka.

"That's true! Alright, let's see who we can find and get involved in this plan," Sokka said.

She picked up the one that she'd reserved for herself and placed it on the map. "I have a friend, an earthbender, who I was able to confirm is alive and staying in this village for the time being. I have a feeling he'd be willing to help."

·:*¨༺ ★ ༻¨*:·.

Miyuki glanced over the list that Sokka had given her with all the people that they could gather to help out with the invasion and cross referenced it with the confirmed locations she had gotten back. She began to place the pieces on the map accordingly.

The door creaked open and Miyuki looked up.

"Miyuki," Hakoda greeted. "Burning the midnight oil I see."

She nodded. "I couldn't fall asleep, so I figured that I would get some work done in the meantime."

"I'm impressed."