𝒐𝒐𝒊. 𝗌𝖾𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽

𝙾𝙾𝙾. ꗃ 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒚 ▬▬▬▬
╰ ⌗ ❪ © 𝓒𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟶𝟶𝟷. ❫
❛ 𝗌𝖾𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽. ❜︎

 ❜︎

LEXA HAD ARRIVED IN THE middle of the chaos. Her dad had explained to her the reason why there were so many workers at the McLaren headquarters practically running with mountains of documents and paperwork: they were getting all the details ready for the start of the 2023 Formula 1 season.

She knew that the first race of the season, the Bahrain Grand Prix, would take place in a couple of weeks. The team was working really hard on the last modifications they would make for the car, some legal stuff concerning the FIA, partnering contracts, planning the whole trip and other stuff she couldn't even imagine.

She arrived in London a week ago after four years of being away, with only occasional visits for Christmas and summer. She had been studying Communications and Public Relations in Paris, at the same time she was doing some small jobs she had got there as a model for brands. Lexa had finished her studies at the start of the summer, however, she had stayed in France until the start of 2023, as her internship and some of her contracts ended then.

When she first arrived, her dad had given her a week to catch up with her old friends and relax before taking her to the McLaren Technology Centre. She wasn't sure what exactly she was supposed to do there: all her father had told her was that she would start working there, because apparently someone had left the PR department recently and they needed someone new.

She'd had her doubts at first: she had wanted to get a job by her own efforts and not because her father was the CEO, so Zak had ended up giving the people on the PR team her resume, and in the end they decided that not only was she a good fit for the job, but she also had a good reputation in the modelling industry, so she would definitely appeal to partners and supporters of the team. That had made her feel better, knowing that she would be there for more reasons than just being the CEO's relative and that her actual capacities and what she had achieved until then would be taken into account.

"So..." She started. "What exactly is my job here?"

"Yea, about that," Zak looked like the question had taken him by surprise. He had forgotten to tell her before. "I already talked with Scarlett, from the PR department. She will show you where to start, there's more to it to what you've studied until now. But that will be later, I want you to meet the team before that."

She nodded. Lexa guessed that the 'more to it' part had something to do with knowing how the races worked and not as much with Public Relations. She knew her degree was useful, but the way they worked here was a lot more specialized. It probably wouldn't be difficult to learn anyway, and the fact that someone would show her what to do during her first days made her feel relieved.