Adam x Reader x Samandriel

"Can't you dream this dream just a little while longer?"

The tear sliding down your cheek was hastily smeared by your palm.

"No," you urged, pointing the blade at him with a shaky hand. "I'm needed out there."

Alec tilted his head sadly.

"Your profession guarantees a slow and painful death. And you know beneath it all, you are little more than a child in an adult body with a soul that has just barely survived a journey through heaven and hell. The reality outside of this dream is not worth fighting for."

Your mouth opened, but nothing came out.

Alec lowered his hands, approaching you carefully.

"You are tired, Y/N. Tired of suffering and fighting and that empty feeling in your chest that refuses to go away no matter how many people you save. You are tired of hiding your pain and biting through your lip to hold back the tears of those you've lost. You are tired of pretending to be strong, you are tired of the loneliness that grips you in the one-bedroom motels and the cold nights where the only object you have for heat is a bottle of alcohol and a raggedy blanket. You are tired of never fitting in no matter where you travel, you are tired of punishing yourself for the deaths of those who were damned the moment they met you."

The tears continued sliding down your cheeks, but you remained silent.

Alec offered you a knowing smile.

"I wager that you are not just simply tired, but exhausted of the reality outside of this dream where dying young is a way of life. There is no shame in that, Y/N."

The blade in your hand, slipped from your fingers and fell to the grass. You stared at your palm, blinking past the blurriness invading your sight.

"If I-if I give in to this," you managed, brows furrowing, "I die."

"A death that is much more merciful than you could ever envision for yourself. You will die surrounded by those you love who are living a life never cut short by tragedy."

Your inhale was violent as a soft sob raked through your body.

"I don't know how to give up," you mumbled quietly. "All I have ever known is survival."

There was finally only a foot between yourself and Alec. He hesitated before placing a hand on your shoulder.

"Perhaps therein lies the flaw. You fight for survival like a machine. You are a body carrying around a battered and torn soul; one whose desire to live has been extinguished. You exist merely to prove to yourself that you can. Is that truly the life you wish to return to?"

You couldn't find the words to respond.

"You will not feel this, I promise," he soothed, thumb brushing over your slippery cheek. "It will be a painless transition from life to death. Before you can blink, you will be in heaven, surrounded by your loved ones. And for once, you will know the divinity that is peace."

Grabbing his wrist, you locked your watery gaze with his. Your lips formed around words that refused to leave your throat.

"P-p-promise," you begged, grip tightening, "that this death will be permanent. That there is no going back to that reality."

Alec studied you with a sad, quizzical smile.

"My sweet girl, who would attempt to bring you back when your desire to die is so visible?"

You opened your mouth to answer, but was prevented by the sudden jerk Alec's body underwent. A glance down showed you an iron dagger poking out of his stomach.

Supernatural Smutजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें