A Former Tyrant's Training Regime

(All SFM art used in this chapter belongs to the main man himself EndermanAuthor !)

—Izuku Midoriya's POV—

Two weeks into my U.A. Entrance Exam training under All Might and Cooler-Sensei, and things are getting more intense. Cooler, a pro-hero now, joined us after passing the License Exam with ease. I didn't even know he was a foreigner until then, but now he's both a citizen and a pro-hero in Japan. If I recall, Cooler mentioned that the exam is not that hard and stated in his own words, 'No match for a superior being like me.' Cooler-sensei didn't bother making up a flashy hero name since he deems it insignificant and foolish but I insisted he gives himself a Hero name.

I remember he originally named himself "The Strongest of the Universe Hero: Cooler." But it's rejected so Cooler went with another one;

"The Frost Demon Hero: Lord Cooler."

An odd hero name, but it does sound cool. It's like Blood Hero: Vlad King except, Cooler-sensei is just using his actual name with a title Lord. Speaking of which, Cooler's training is entirely different than I originally thought. With All Might, all I have to do is pull heavy junk while he sits on top of it. But with Cooler...

Cooler: "DODGE!!!"

I screamed as his punch landed, sending me crashing into the sandy ground.

Cooler: "Focus, boy! Your opponent, hero or villain, wouldn't give you a chance to fight back! Remember, analyze your opponent! Don't take your eyes off them!"

I groaned in pain, acknowledging Cooler's instructions.

Izuku: "R-right, Cooler-Sensei!"

His training is grueling, demanding precision and quick thinking. And it's not just about physical strength; it's about outsmarting your opponent. I'm learning, but not without a few faceplants into the sand.

This training is tough, but I won't give up. I want to become a hero, and if that means enduring Cooler's unique teaching methods, then so be it.

Cooler's training is a grueling experience. Stances, sparring, reflex drills – all while weighed down by a 25-kilogram gauntlet. The agony is compounded by the fact that I have to walk home afterward. But giving up is not an option. Cooler praises my progress even as I endure the hardships. All Might, watching with a slight grimace, occasionally intervenes for the concern of my well-being.

Cooler: "Impressive, boy. You're improving much more than I expected. Though you really should learn to dodge, weakling."

I could only groan in response.

Izuku: "Cooler-sensei... help... can't... move...."

Cooler smirked at my plight.

Cooler: "Good, you're breaking down. Now get back up and move. Break your limit!"

All Might stepped in, urging Cooler to ease up on me.

Toshinori: "Now, now Cooler. I think you're pushing Young Midoriya too hard. I think you take it easy on young Midoriya-"

Cooler cuts in before All Might could finish.

Cooler: "There's no such thing as taking things easy as you claim it. You said you want your so-called successor to handle your quirk, then I will help with that! Plus my father trained me the same way. This training regiment is tamer compared to father's methods."

I perk up at that. Now that's interesting, Cooler never or rarely discusses anything about his family and this is the first time I've ever heard the mention of his father. I wonder what kind of training he endured to be so strong? What kind of quirks does Cooler-Sensei's family have for him to have this unique variety of quirks? First, a mutant quirk, flight, telekinesis, then energy manipulation? How many quirks does Cooler have? These questions have been in my head ever since I saw Cooler display those powers months ago and the encounter with the sludge villain.