When All Seemed Lost!

With broken bones jutting through his limbs and a sickly wet cough in his throat, the hero hopeful lay in a pool of blood. His eyes scanned the corpses of those all around him. His friends, loved ones, the little girl he raised as his daughter, and the one he fell for but never told her until it was too late. The shattered geound held no lies. Izuku Midoriya had failed. Utterly and completely, he had failed.

    Tears fell as he viewed the half decayed and burnt bodies of the students and staff. Doubly so upon seeing his mother, his crush Momo, and worst of all, his adopted unicorn daughter Eri. "I.... f-failed..." He said before the voice of their murderer spoke up. "Hahaha, that you did Izuku Midoriya! Spectacularly at that. Hahaha, if only Ass Might was here to see his complete failure of a successor...." Izuku tuned out the cackling madman's voice as his tears fell. His mind was full of the memories he had with everyone flashing through his mind. His heart shattered, and his mind was breaking from the hell before his very eyes.

    But before he knew it, every noise stopped. The sounds of the wind, the crackling fires, and even the voice of Shigaraki went silent. His eyes opened once more as he examined everything frozen completely. Confused, he coughed up blood as he tried to understand the scene before him. But a sound filled his ears and made the hairs on his neck stand still. Clapping,someone was clapping at the hell surrounding him. His eyes snapped in the direction of the sound. Going wide upon seeing a being that appeared to be made of viridian energy. With piercing blue eyes and a smile like that of the Cheshire cat from that old book his mom loved so much.

   "Wh-Who... a-are... *hack* .. y-you!?" Izuku demanded as his mind was trying to infer the being before him. "Hehe. Ahh, still alive, little ninth wielder?" The being asked with a grin. Izuku snarled at the question before the being snapped its ethereal fingers. Suddenly, all the pain was gone. His organs and limbs healed in an instant. Standing up slowly, he once more looked around as tears fell. "D-Dammit... why heal me after all this?" Izuku asked in a growl.

   The being sighed as it walked towards him one it stood a few feet from him it spoke. "Because this was not your fate young Izuku. Nor theirs. You were meant to defeat All For One and Tomura Shigaraki. To change hero society for the better, to be the last wielder and marry young Momo over there as you raise Eri and your other children. To be the beacon of hope that no matter how hellish one's beginning may be, they too can be a hero. But my counterpart saw fit to tear apart your fate. An action that risks the balance of the forces of good and evil. For that, I truly apologize as I had not managed to stop him before he did as such." The being said with his smile gone. Replaced with a serious look.

   Izuku sniffled as he stepped towards the bodies of Inko, Momo, and Eri. He knelt down and took turns hugging them each one last time. "I am sorry, young Izuku, I really am. But you know now that your fate is severed I can help you. I can gift you things necessary to change the hell we are in currently. To fix the damage my counterpart has caused." The being said, making Izuku freeze once more. He turned to face the being who had a deadly serious look on its face. Izuku stood up and matched the beings expression. "You better not be playing tricks whoever you are, or I will tear you limb from limb for this." Threatened Izuku as he clenched his fists.

    "I am Exuran. The deity of light. I do not jest nor do I play pranks Izuku. I have the power to send you back. Back to before the quirk diagnosis. With new powers and a mission. You will be allowed to relive your life with these powers, but you must help me defeat my counterpart's champion in order to return fates wheel to the rest of the mortals. You accept these terms, and I will send you back." The now named Exuran said with power in his voice. Izuku thought on his words for a few moments before speaking. "What if I do not accept?" He asked in order to understand the situation. "Then I return time and allow Shigaraki to kill you." Was his answer, and Izuku smiled softly.