𝓲𝓿. helicopter parenting

CHAPTER FOUR !
helicopter parenting
written12.5.23 |  not-proofread

Warnings: Little Women spoilers if you haven't watched or read the book

you haven't watched or read the book.

-A Week Later-

SETH WOKE UP HIS MOTHER CALLING HIM downstairs claiming 'There's someone on the phone for you'. "Hello?" Seth rubbed the tiredness out of his eyes as he put the phone to his ear.

"Hey!" Seth's eyes widened at the voice on the other end. "It's Alexis." Seth took a long moment to reply making the girl worry they lost signal. "Are you there?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah! Yeah, I'm here!" Seth exclaimed, cursing himself in his head when he heard Alexis laugh.

"Okay, good." What did she mean by that? Seth wondered but his answer was soon answered when the Uley girl spoke again. "Everyone is somehow busy today so I was wondering if you wanted to go to La Push with me? I gotta get a few more books, I'm about to finish 'Little Woman' which was good! But I can't believe Beth dies! I mean come on! Oh shit! I'm rambling. I'm sorry!" Alexis apologized, but Seth smiled. He thought it was cute.

"No worries." Seth chuckled before remembering her question. "Yeah, sure. I just have to get ready."

"Oh. Did I wake you? I'm so sorry-" Alexis was cut off by Seth laughing through the phone making her blush. Jesus, I'm embarrassing myself. Alexis thought to herself.

"Again. No worries." Seth smiled.

"If you say so. But just come by my house when you're done getting ready. Also! Bring some money, there is this really cute vintage store I think you might like." Seth blushed. She was thinking of me , Seth thought he might faint at that moment but Alexis's voice brought him out of his trance. "So I'll see you in a bit?"

"Yeah. Definitly. See you soon." Seth smiled at the phone as he hung it up.

"So...Going out with Alexis Uley?" Harry Clearwater asked as he walked into the hallway. Seth's eyes went wide as he spun around, his cheeks turning red.

"Dad! We talked about helicopter parenting!" Seth exclaimed as he walked into his room, listening to his parents chuckling, not knowing Alexis was doing the same thing at her home.

.   .    .  .   .                 

"So...What's going on with you and Seth?" Emily's voice made Alexis jump. "Sorry honey. I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's fine Em." Alexis never called Emily mom and both of them were fine with that. Emily understood why Alexis didn't call her mom and never pushed it. "Nothing is going on with us. I just asked him if he would go shopping with me because everyone is busy ." Alexis sneered the last word like it was poison. Emily smirked, already know why everyone was suddenly 'busy' today. "Can you pretty please drive us?"

"Yeah. I don't mind. Just call me or have Seth call me when you're ready to come back." Emily grinned as Alexis squealed and hugged her as a thank you. "He must really like you. No boy ever voluntarily goes shopping." Alexis scoffed and walked away.

"Way to ruin the moment," Alexis muttered as she walked up the stairs to the attic, which was ironically her room.

"I'm serious! Ask your father if he would like to go shopping!" Emily laughed as Alexis' door slammed shut.

.   .    .  .   .                 

"So, Seth." Seth looked from the books he was carrying for the girl. "Tell me what you look like."

"Huh?" Alexis turned and pointed at her eyes making his eyes widen. How could he have forgotten? "I-Uh..." Seth trailed off not knowing how to answer.

Alexis sighed before turning her body towards the Clearwater boy. "Come here." Seth placed the books on a nearby empty shelf and stepped in front of the girl. "Do you give me permission to touch your face?" Seth nodded and placed the girl's hands on his cheeks, smiling as he felt her hands and fingers trail over his face.

"Sharp jawline, average nose, full cheeks, full eyebrows, smile creases. Hey, you're like me, your eyes crinkle when you smile! Uh, I'm guessing you have very small eye bags by the way your eyes feel. " Seth nodded his head, shocked at how she could tell that one little detail by just the feel of his skin. "You must be confused a lot. You have a small line right here." She placed her finger on the spot right in between his eyebrow. "Either you're confused a lot or you furrow your eyebrows a lot."

"Both." The two shared a laugh before Alexis gasped making him worried. "What? What's wrong?"

"You have long hair like Jacob, Embry, and Quil!" Seth let out a sigh of relief making Alexis chuckle. "What color is your hair?"

"Bright pink," Seth stated making Alexis giggle while rolling her eyes.

"I can see colors ya' know. Your hair is either dark brown or black, I can't tell which." Seth made a mental note to remember the small piece of information she had given him.

"It's dark brown but it looks black. You can only tell it's brown when I'm in direct sunlight." Alexis nodded and dropped her hands. Seth frowned slightly, feeling slightly empty without Alexis's hands touching him. "What books did I grab again?"

"You have, The Great Gatsby, Percy Jackson, and The Shining." Seth listed off the books.

"Oh, Emily is going to kill me." Alexis chuckled. "But come on. I still have to show you my favorite shop!"

 I still have to show you my favorite shop!"

make sure to star/like and comment !

JILLIAN SPEAKS !
what do we think of
the beginning of seth and
alexis's friendship??