Somewhere new - Chp. 4

In the last chapter...

I hoped that one day we would never have to say goodbye anymore, only goodnight...

Caroline

We got in the car and I let out a sigh.
I didn't know if we would ever actually get to see them again. But for now, I was happy. I had met them. I had talked to them. And I can say, they're even more awesome than I had imagined.

It was silent in the car, I think because we both had to fully progress what happened tonight. But Jade glanced at me for a short time and then said: "Caroline... I think Calum is crushing on you."

What?

"Yeah, sure. You've got to be kidding me" I replied, because there is no way that THE Calum Hood is fancying someone like ME, a fangirl which admired him long before he even knew that I existed.

"You didn't see how he looked at you the whole time. He froze when you came on stage and stared at you while you played, when we were hanging out with them and again when we played Guitar Hero. He couldn't take his eyes off of you."

Oh well.

"Even if he likes me...which would be crazy" I gestured with my hands, "it's not certain that we will see them again. I bet you that they got in trouble with management. And next time it sure will be that way, too."
I sighed again, but then my phone buzzed and I picked it up.

You have 3 new messages from Cal-Pal

I let out a laugh.
He called himself Cal-Pal, haha.
But I got serious again, even a tad nervous while opening the notification.

Cal-Pal

Hey Caroline :-)

On the road now? I hope you'll come home safe.

I'm lying in my bunk right now but Ashton snores sooo loud ugh please make it stop

I read it to Jade out loud and she first laughed, but then told me to message him back.

Hi 'Cal-Pal' :D

Just throw a pillow at him
and yeah on da road thank you :)

I locked my phone, but after a minute it buzzed again:

hahahaha guess what happened
I threw a pillow at him and he was so shocked that he fell out of the bunk

but he'll live

he swore and now the others keep telling him not to and he's so pissed :-D

I'm gonna go, otherwise I won't survive the night (angry ash = troubled calum) goodnight :-))

"Hahahaha oh my god." I couldn't help but laugh.

"What?" Jade asked confused.

"I made Calum throw a pillow at Ashton and he then fell out of his bunk and is so pissed at him now," I explained, Jade joining me with laughter.

oh my I'm so sorry

message me tomorrow if you survived

goodnight :-)

Well; maybe I'm crushing on Calum too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

the next day in Cologne

Jade

This is literally SO awesome. I just entered our new apartment, but I didn't remember it to be so huge. Well, it has to be...we're three girls and we need space. Laura and Caroline followed behind me and I directly went to my room, because the cartons on my arms were getting way too heavy. God bless we have an elevator, we live on the 4th floor.

I set down the cartons and stretched. But there was no time to rest, as Laura yelled "Get your ass in the living-room and help us to put the couch up!" Ugh. "Coming!"

I ran to the living-room, just to see my friends desperately trying to get the couch together. "Don't just stand there, it's heavy!" Laura stated as she saw me. I helped her to move the left side of the couch to the window, where Caroline pushed it onto the right side.

It really wasn't that easy, especially because my phone went off right in the moment Laura tripped and let the couch fall onto my foot, me yelling "SHIT NO OW" while I accidently accepted the call.

I gasped loudly and held the phone to my ear. "Hello?" - "Jade are you okay? It's Michael by the way" he replied, sounding amused, yet worried.

I leaned against the wall, glaring at Laura to make her feel guilty while I answered: "Hey Michael, everything is okay, it's just that a couch fell onto my foot, thanks to my dearly beloved friend Laura." She rolled her eyes and pretended to sip on a cup of tea. "Hold on. Excuse me guys, I'm gonna be in my room to talk," I told them and hopped to my room, holding my other foot.

"So, what's up Moichael?" I tried an Australian accent, only succeeding in sounding stupid. But he laughed anyway, making me smile because he sounded like an angel.

"You know, me and the boys are in Oberhausen today, the show is over around ten, and we will stay here for three days. And you're in Cologne now, right? It's, like, an hour away. Would you mind us to come over after tonight?" he said, and I wanted to yell YES, OF COURSE but I had to ask my friends first.

"I would be cool with that, but I have to ask the others first", and so I made my way to the living room again. "Yeah, sure", I could literally hear him smile.

"Hey guys! The four dorks want to come over after tonight for 3 days, you okay with that?"

"I'm gonna be at Mark's place anyway" Laura said. That's her boyfriend, who lived here in Cologne with Sebastian, they were also YouTubers.

"It's okay for me," Caroline grinned.

"You hear that, Micheal?" I asked, hearing cheers from the background. "Yeaah that's gonna be awesome. Just text me your address, we're gonna have to go to soundcheck now, see you tonight" he said, sounding happy. "See yoou," I hung up.

Caroline and me exchanged looks, suddenly realizing that our apartment only contained three beds, a couch and some bath products. We definitely had to speed up now.