009

Omniscient
Los, Angeles.
Two weeks later..

Roddy practically been M.I.A. for two weeks. Usually he would come get Laylani every week for atleast two days but he hasn't seen her or talked to her in two weeks. Naomi been calling him no answer. Laylani called him, no answer.

As it got closer to his best friend death date he just been isolating himself from everyone. And now that today was the party for his deceased best friend he had to show up.

Donbo invited Naomi even though she never met Roddy best friend she just knew that all of them loved him, she came to show her respect to everyone.

"Hey everyone." Naomi said walking in the house greeting everyone.

"Hey sis." Donbo responded.

"Hey baby you look nice." Ms. Glenn said.

"Thank you." She responded.

"Where's Lay?" Ms Glenn asked.

"She's with my mom today." Naomi said sighing.

Her mind drifted towards the fact that she's been trying to get in contact with Roddy for two weeks and it's like he wouldn't answer. She had to wipe Laylani tears because she thought her Uncle didn't love her anymore.

"Oh okay baby." Ms. Glenn said.

"Hey Bree can I talk to you?" Naomi asked.

"Yeah Wassup sis?" Bree asked.

"I been trying to get in contact with Roddy for the longest, have you heard from him?" Naomi asked.

Bree sighed "Yeah, he in the back room right now please don't go in there all angry be patient I don't want to spill his business because that's my brother but I'll let him be the first to tell you." Bree said causing Naomi to nod her head.

Naomi walked in the hallway and seen a room with the door shut and she knew he would be in there.

She hesitated but eventually opened the door as careful as she could. She just wanted to know what was going on.

As she walked in the room she seen Roddy sitting in the dark with two styrofoam cups stacked on top of each other in his hand as he sipped slowly.

His eyes were blood shot red, and he didn't even look up he just stared at the wall.

She walked closer to him and looked inside his cup and seen a light purple substance.

She instantly knew what it was.

Her sister baby father use to drink the same thing. He came home one day and threw up all over himself and when she walked in the bathroom she seen the cup on the ground and him laying in his own vomit passed out.

Naomi instantly started crying from the flashback she had and the images in her head.

She grabbed the cup from Roddy and walked inside the bathroom and poured it out in the toilet. She knew what that drug was capable of.

She walked back out the bathroom and instantly sat beside Roddy with tears pouring down her face. He wouldn't even look at her.

"Roddy what's wrong, please talk to me?" She asked.

He didn't respond.

"Please." She said.

"They killed him and took my big homie from me I'm all alone." He said still staring at the wall.

"Who Roddy?" She asked.

"They killed him in front of me, I was only sixteen." He said.

Naomi instantly got into her nurture mode. She knew how to comfort people at their worst moments after all she is an ultrasound technician.

She pulled him closer to her.

"I need you to talk to me fully, I've been trying to call you and speak to you for the longest. You can't just shut down and go mute Roddy I want to know what's wrong and I won't leave until you tell me." She said.

"Why you care?" He asked.

She looked at him with a shocked expression.

"Why do I care? Because I thought we grew a bond Roddy and I care for you. You're all my niece has left to have a father figure in her life you're all she has." She said.

"I didn't know you were going through this I didn't know, but now I see why you hate being alone because you get in your head a lot and have negative thoughts. That's demons Roddy I want you to pray that away you have a lot of blessings and the devil is trying to attack you but don't let him please don't." She said crying.

He dropped a single tear down the left side of his face. Roddy never cried around others but for some reason he felt like he was in a safe haven with Naomi.

"I was a kid Naomi I didn't need to see that." He said.

"And I'm sorry you had to I can't imagine Roddy I really can't." She said.

"I had to live with that. You ever woke up out your sleep with cold sweats from nightmare of seeing someone killed?" He asked crying.

"N-no." Naomi said crying.

"That's why I'm slow to speak." He said.

"I'm so sorry Roddy I pray that God heals you. I pray you get through this I know you're strong because I can't live with that trauma. You mean so much to Laylani and I admire that so much about you, you stepped up and you're doing great Roddy I promise you God got you and you're going to heal." Naomi said.

Roddy just looked at her. She didn't know it but she just earned a special place in his heart for this. He appreciated it so much.

"What?" She asked because he was staring.

"C'mere." He said grabbing her hands trying to pull her closer.

"I just want you to hold me I need it." He added.

She didn't hesitate she knew he truly needed that, although they never been this close before she didn't think it was weird it was the right thing to do.

VOTE & COMMENT.