The day she was meant to leave

A/N: This is a JIBBS one shot unrelated to A million memories of us.

This one is pretty self explanatory but what if Jenny woke up the day she was meant to leave and decided that she can't leave Jethro?

Enjoy, Angels.

Paris, 1999

She leans into the warm body beside her. She softly, as not to wake up her lover who's sleeping beside her. She doesn't want to get out of bed because that means she's one step closer to leaving him, leaving their love, leaving every good memory they've made while undercover, leaving everything behind in Paris. Forever.

A cold winter chill is in the Parisian air so she snuggles deeper into the warm body for extra warmth. She doesn't want to leave him in Paris all alone but she has to further her NCIS career, even if it means leaving the best thing that has ever happened to her since her father's death.

A soft, sleepy groan comes from her lover who rolls over so he's facing her, his blue eyes still closed.

"God, you're freezing, Jen." He mumbles as his arms tighten around her waist and his warm lips press a kiss onto her hair. 

The sun is slowly rising in the city of Paris, tears slip down her face as she looks at her sleeping lover's handsome face. At this moment she realizes that she can't leave him, not after everything he's done for her.

I can't leave you. She thinks to herself as she cups his sleeping face in her hands. Suddenly his blue eyes are open and staring at her. "You were going to leave me?" He asks quietly, she gasps, tears filling her eyes. She didn't realize she had spoken that thought out loud or that he was awake. She sighs: she wasn't going to tell him about the job offer she received a few weeks ago but now she has to.

She sighs. "I got an offer to run my own team in Rota, Spain two weeks ago, I was thinking of taking it." She says. Jethro sits up in bed, the sheet pooling at his waist. He looks at her, his blue eyes narrowing.

"Are you gonna take it?" He asks her. Jenny shakes her head. "No." She tells him with a smile. Jethro kisses her chastley. "Good." He says before kissing her again and wrapping his arms around her, pulling them both down in the bed. "I love you, Jethro." She whispers to him as she snuggles into his chest. Jethro kisses her red hair.

A\N: This is short and unrelated to A million memories of us but I hope you enjoy it all the same. I have more JIBBS oneshots and a few more memories.

Have a good day Angels.