39

The restaurant
Emily's POV

"Emily you too. I think it's time you start dipping your toes in the dating pool again." Rossi says. Here they go with this shit, they're seriously pissing me off.

"I don't think that's necessary." Someone says before I could even clap back to them, "why would she do that when she has me." I look up.

JJ.

She was standing there with a bag in hand, she looked extremely tan and had a grey short sleeve on with sweatpants.

"You're not real." I say, pinching my skin to see if this is a dream or not.

JJ starts crying looking at me and I run to her and hug her. "Please tell me this is real." I cry. "It's real. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere" She says.

She breaks down in my arms, practically sobbing. "I missed you so much. I needed you so badly" She says. "You have no idea." I say back.

"I love you so much." I whisper to her. "I love you so much more." She says.

"JJ!" The rest of the team says, group hugging around us.

We sit down and she sits down on my lap. I'm serious I'm never letting her go again. "Where have you been JJ? You just up and left us." Derek says. "I was on a classified case out the country. I had no service and no communication back to the states. I couldn't contact you guys... I tried multiple times." She says.

"Are you done? There's no going back there?" Rossi asks. "The case closed and I'm done. I quit the pentagon as soon as I landed here." "Are you ready to come back to the BAU?" Hotch asks. "More than ready."

-

JJ's pov

Emily and I made our way inside our house and got ready for bed. "Gosh I missed our bed." I plop down on it and she gets in next to me.

"Do you know what tomorrow is?" I ask. "Our 5 month anniversary, how could I forget." She kisses me.

"I missed those lips." I say.

"Fill me in. Everything. How are you." I ask her.

"Honestly JJ... I was doing really bad. At first I was just crying all the time. My mom and I got really close and I decided I needed a change so I started doing business with my dad. I then got shot." "WHAT." I shoot up and interrupt her. "I'm okay, I had on a vest, I just had a brain bleed and had to get surgery."

"Oh Em. I'm so sorry I wish I couldn't been there for you." I say. "It's okay JJ. I'm okay. After that I was kinda a mess. I haven't slept through a night in weeks and my mom is about to get me on anti depressants."

"I'm here for you now baby, I'm not going anywhere anymore I promise you." I say and hold out my pinky. We pinky promise. "The only reason I was so sad was because you weren't here. I'm so glad you're here now. I freaked out sometimes because I thought you were dead."

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I accepted that job. I'm sorry Em I really am." "JJ don't be. You didn't know it was a back stop. I'm so proud of you and I'm happy you're here now. I love you. I'm just never letting go of you again." She says and I laugh. "Never let go again." I say.

"Tell me everything that you can tell me." Emily says and I freeze. I've been dreading saying these words to emily, but she was the person I needed most.

"I was in an explosion about 3 weeks ago." I say. "Oh my god are you okay!" She asks. "I'm okay. I've been in multiple explosions this one wasn't that bad compared to the others."

"What are you not saying?" She asks.

My eyes water and I look away from her, not being able to look her in the eye when I say this. "I was pregnant... I miscarried." I start to sob.

Emily doesn't say anything, she just holds me so very tight and lets me cry every tear I've been holding in these past couple of weeks.

"JJ look at me." She picks my chin up and stares into my eyes, "it is not your fault." "Emily I lost our baby."

"You gave our baby the best life you could give it with the cards you were drawn. You were forced into an impossible situation in Iraq, and you were doing everything you could to protect the baby."

"I felt like the baby was a boy." I let out, "I was so excited to get home and tell you and argue about names..."

"Let's name him." Em says, "he deserves a name."

"Only if you let me win." I say. "I'll think about that one."

"Bradley." She said. "Ew that's a snobby rich boy name." I say. "My cousins name is Bradley." Em says. "My point proven." I laugh.

"Dalton." I say. "Uh... how about Emerson." She says. "No that's too girly." "Girl names are cute for boys." "Yeah but not Emerson."

"I like kinsley." I say. "That's cute. We could do better."

"Leo, Leo is so cute." Em says. "Yeah but I can't imagine our kid being named Leo." "Or Preston." She says.

"Preston Prentiss... really." I deadpan, "people would call him PP." "He would have my last name?" She asks. "Of course... well it would be Jareau-Prentiss but no one ever says the first last name." "I love you Jen." Em says. "Oo new nick name for me unlocked." I laugh. No one ever calls me Jen but I think I like when she does it.

"How about Aubrey." I ask. "Aubrey.... I love it." "Can we pick Aubrey!" I ask. "Aubrey Jareau Prentiss. It's perfect." She says.

"Aubrey is up there looking out for us... he would be so proud of you Jayje." Emily holds me tight.

AN. leave an emoji if you're reading this !!