The Infernal Devices Seek Revenge

Chapter One (London, 1883)

"By the angel, are you really planning on testing that thing out on me?" Will swung around the door to the crypt and glared at the device Henry held in his hands, wondering just exactly what it would do to him, and what exactly would happen to him when Henry pressed the button on it's surface.

"It shouldn't do anything dangerous," Henry peered at his device, rubbing at his eyes wairly, as if the sight of it stung his retinas. "It's only supposed to give someone a headache."

"Henry, if I die from extensive brain damage, I will come back from the grave and kill you," Will declared, pulling out a chair and sitting down.

Henry snorted but said nothing, instead held out the device for Will to take.

"Just press this button here and hopefully you'll only get a slight head ache."

Will took a deep breath, and slammed his finger down on the button.

        At first, nothing happened. Will laughed, holding the device back for Henry to take, about to say something along the lines of "Nice try mate, bettter luck next time," when all the sudden, it was like he was in the middle of a wind storm.

        Henry's various tools rattled and shook, falling from the walls, and Henry himself tipped over, his wheelchair not equiped for this kind of wind. Will's hair flew around his face, his coat flying upwards, his whole body tipping back, back, back and then he was falling.

...

"Jace?" Clary's green eyes observed the empty institute halls, her mouth puckering slightly. Jace and Alec must be out, but she rather wanted to see her boyfriend. She decided she may as well go to the library while she was here, pick up something to read.

 But the libabry was not empty. She could hear someone stumbling around, swearing.

"Damn you Henry... Henry?" 

She threw open the doors and on the threshold sat Alec? 

"Alec?" She said.  

"Who the hell is Alec?" The man threw himself around then saw her and fell silent.

Will stared at the girl. She had curly read hair and bright green eyes. Something of her small frame and the stubborn line to her mouth made him think of Charlotte. 

"Pardon me, who are you?" He was trying to be polite, but he suspected he was failing. 

"Clary fra- Fairchild." 

"Where am I?" He asked. 

She stared. " New York." 

"Ahh." He stood up and walked to the window. 

His mouth fell open, there were buildings, so tall they seemed never ending, millions of people, weird beetle things, with even more people inside! 

"Who are you?" Clary asked. 

"Will Herondale." He replied. 

He turned to look at her as she let out a tiny gasp.  

Her face was white as a sheet. 

"Herondale?" She repeated. 

He raised an eyebrow. 

"So?" 

"One moment please." 

She took out a strange device and pressed a few buttons on it. 

"Jace?" 

She nodded her head as she listened to the phone. 

"In the library... Okay." 

She pressed more buttons. 

"Magnus...." 

Her conversation was lost to him as he stared out the window.  

Tessa had taken him here, just two monthes ago! Where was he really, and why did Clary react that way to his name?

I hope you like it:)