Opener

A few months have passed since February started working for the twins. The treatment was... so-so to say the least. Veneer treated him with kindness and respect, while Velvet treated him like garbage and gave her little to no respect.

She now was in the twins make-up area,making a list of activities and events that would happen later on that day. Suddenly,the door burst open and Velvet was holding shopping bags and Veneer was right behind her, also holding shopping bags with shades on.

They both set their things down on the floor and Velvet did a relieved sigh.

"Finally! Done with that long workout session!" Velvet grinned,happy to be done doing whatever she and Veneer even did.

"Girl,we were shopping and I drove us there." Veneer said,rolling his eyes and also setting the shopping bags down as well. He looked over to February and smiled.

February noticed it and blushed just a little. Suddenly,a knock came from the door and Veneer opened it. There was a staff member that looked kind of emo.

He sighed and looked at Veneer. "Veneer, you and Velvet's opener for today's show quit.". He said,in a monotone and bored tone. He then left,leaving the shocked news for Velvet and Veneer to sink in.

Velvet paused and her face turned into anger and frustration,while Veneer looked shocked and slightly disappointed.

"What?! How are we going to perform if we don't have an opener?!" Velvet screamed and stared at Veneer with a menacing glare.

Veneer calmed her down by patting in her back. "Shh,it's alright. We'll find a opener...preferably now." He looked at Velvet with a worried smile. Velvet had quite a temper and would be able to flip over an entire house.

February stared at both of them,with a confused look,why were they worried. "Uh,excuse me. What is an opener?"

She looked at February,giving him a confused but pissed off look. "You don't know?" She groaned, staring at you with an annoyed look.

"An opener is a type of singer that gets to have the stage for a few minutes before the actual show starts."

February gasped and had some kind of twinkle in his eyes before grabbing Velvet's shoulders. "Really? I can sing on stage?!"

Velvet looked at her confused before chuckling. "We don't think that you can sing,just look at yourself. You've probably never even practiced before!"

He looked at Velvet with a small pout, disappointed that Velvet and Veneer wouldn't believe that February could sing.

Veneer looked at him with a remorseful look before leaving with Velvet,going out to the stage. February noticed this and had an idea.

He sighed before singing a song so that Velvet and Veneer would believe her and closed his eyes.

(The song he'll be singing is "The Other Side" by SZA and Justin Timberlake.)

Back on your feet again, lift your head, hold it high

Velvet and Veneer stopped in their tracks and looked at February with a surprised and amazed look. Crimp just gasping the whole way.

You wanna run it back, but you can't turn back the time

You start to feel like you're losing your time

(Losing your shine, shine)

But the grass ain't always greener on the other side

Other side (feet again, lift your head, hold it high)

Got you stuck in your mind (run it back,but you can't turn the time)

You start to feel like you're losing your shine

But the grass ain't always greener on the other side

‡ ‡
----------------------

February opened her eyes and saw Velvet being very shocked,and Veneer staring at February in awe. February blushed and looked at both of them with a hopeful look.

"So,am I the new opener?" He said, smiling.

"You're in!" Veneer holding February in a tight embrace,feeling happy and a little hot.

"Wait? What?!" Velvet asked in a confused and angry tone as she glared at Veneer and February.

‡ ‡
----------------------

Finally! I have the motivation to make a new chapter! Sorry if this is short. I have high school tomorrow and I don't wanna have below average! Expect a new chapter in a few days!

Words:674

Finished:12/10/20