Prologue

ANASTASIA ANDREWS :

"No, uncle. I can't take this.." I sighed.

"I'm not asking, Ana. I failed to take good care of you. Please take this as an apology gift." Uncle Adam spoke and sighed from the other side of the phone.

"Uncle Adam, it wasn't your fault and you took good care of me and still you care for me so stop blaming yourself. It's just I don't want you to be unhappy. You know auntie Bethany won't like it, if she knows you bought an apartment for me." I murmured and exhaled sharply.

"Ana, please stop thinking about that irritating woman. She has nothing to do with my personal life. I know it has become too tough for you to pay all the bills while you're refusing my help. Please take this one. If you don't take it, I'll think you didn't forgive me." He uttered disappointedly.

"No no no. I forgave you. And there's nothing that you've done wrong. If it wasn't you, I would never survive." I exclaimed and tried to convince him.

"I'll be wait for your answer. I hope it will be positive. See you then. Good night." He sighed again.

"Um.. okay. See you. Good night."

Life had been so cruel for me since my childhood. My cruel fate took away my parents when I was only seven years old, leaving me all alone in this big orange shaped world. Then uncle Adam took me with him but as I said life had been so cruel for me, one year later I ended up in a boarding school. Auntie Bethany, uncle Adam's wife was never nice to me since she thought I was a burden for her and her husband.

"So he didn't give up? Huh?" Sarah raised an eyebrow.

Sarah, a beautiful brunette with hazel eyes and pale skin was my best friend, classmate and co-worker. We worked in a coffee shop. Sarah lived with her mother, Katherina, who worked in a small restaurant as a chef.

"No. He wants me to move in that apartment within three days. I really don't want to upset him but I can't take it." I rubbed my palms on my face and sighed.

"Relax, babe. He's not telling you to commit a crime, just take the apology gift. After all he's your uncle. I don't see any problem here." She snorted and rolled her eyes.

"If Bethany ever finds out any of this, the consequence won't be pretty." I narrowed my eyes at her and started washing the dishes.

"Come on! How will she find out? Just take it, babe. I know what's going on in your life." Sarah said sadly.

"I know, I'll think about it, Sarah." I exhaled and nodded.

After washing the dishes, I met my boss, Mr. Hamilton and headed back home. Today was one of the busiest days so it was late, past eleven. Sarah asked me if I needed her to drop me home but I refused because she was also as exhausted as me.

I started walking on the calm street as the sweet and cold night wind hitting my face and neck.

I turned left and entered inside an alley. The alley was kinda scary but I took it as a shortcut to reach home quickly because it wasn't safe walking alone for a long time on the street, late at night in the capital of Romania.

It was my first time in the alley because whenever it comes to the busiest night, Sarah always drops me home. But today she seemed too exhausted and I didn't want to bother her.

Sarah and I are best friends since our boarding school. As I was an introvert and antisocial girl, I never could open up myself and make dozens of friends. But Sarah was very nice to me from the beginning. She used to help me with many things.

I took a long breath and looked at the sky for a few moments but my luck wasn't with me as my shoe slipped with something on the road and my pretty ass hit the ground. It happened too fast before I could balance myself.

A burning pain shot on my left ankle and when I looked to check it, my eyes went wide. It was bleeding. Luckily it was a small cut so I quickly pulled out a tissue from my hand bag and wiped the place then threw it beside the street, inside a row of trees.

I stood up and straightened my clothes but my ankle was hurting a bit. I was somehow lucky that it hadn't sprained. I huffed and started walking again, slightly limping my left foot.

"A young girl like you shouldn't be on a street like this so late at night." A deep husky voice spoke suddenly.

I paused, my heart stopped beating and my whole body started sweating as I suddenly started feeling so hot.

I slowly turned around and looked around but my breath hitched in my throat as I saw a big shadow standing like a statue in the row of the trees, inside the dreadful dark.

"W-who are y-you?" I stuttered as my voice was trembling badly with my body.

'Am I standing in front of a psycho killer? Is my luck this much awful that it decided to end my life on a psycho killer's hand? I'm done today.' I thought while sweating and trembling, looking at my death.

"Do you really want to know who I am?" He whispered as his voice was lingering through the night air.

Adrenaline started pumping through my veins and the hair of my skin rose as a cold shiver ran down my spine immediately when I saw a pair of glowing bloodshot eyes inside the dark and a pair of white canines.

A big muscular shadow only with a pair of red dazzling eyes and a pair of scary-looking white canines couldn't be a psycho killer, could it?

Whoever he was, he was not a human being.

I froze in my place, neither could run nor speak. My heartbeat was thundering inside my ribcage like in every millisecond.

"Anastasia Andrews, the fragrance of you and your blood making me insane." He hissed and a low growl escaped from his vocal cord.

I felt like I was going to have a heart attack at that moment. How he knew my name? And what he was talking about?

But I had no time to ask this because I didn't want to die like this, not on a devil or an evil spirit's hand.

And the last thing I could do was running and I did so. I ran and ran until I could see the old, dilapidated building of my apartment. Finally I was safe.

I stormed into my room and quickly looked the door securely. I ran toward the only window I had in my room and closed it.

I sat on my small frail bed, sweating and panting my heart out. I couldn't digest anything that happened a few minutes ago.

A/N: Hello lovely readers! Don't forget to comment to share your experience and opinions about this chapter!!