4

KURAPIKA

He made his way towards the bathroom just as he said.

It's not that he wanted to go, he wanted to leave the scene.

He sighed.
'Was I being too mean..?' He thought.

Yet he shook the thought away. Of course he wasn't. It's all acceptable actions.

He stared at his reflection as his mind drifted away.

.

.

.

──────── ─ ─

"Kurapika!"

The sound of his mother woke him up.

He was in his room.

"KURAPIKA!"

He shot up from his bed as his door burst open.

"Time to get up! Start packing!" His mother said as she entered the room with a suitcase.

"Huh? What, why?" Kurapika asked as he came off his bed, following his mother around his room.

His mother stopped in her tracks.

"Ehm, because you have to move closer to the school this year, I got you an apartment." She said smiling.

It confused Kurapika.

"What do you mean? Aren't we already near the school?"

"Yeah.." She mumbled.

It felt like she was hiding something from him.

"What's happening..?" Kurapika asked.

She sighed.

"Don't worry too much on it Pika, just your father and I have to move back to our hometown for a bit okay.." She said.

His eyes grew wider.

"For what? Do I stay here alone..?" He asked as he got closer to his mother, gripping a bit on her sleeve.

She rest her hand on his.

"Don't dwell on it Kurapika, we will be back soon I promise, just we have to go back for business." She said.

Kurapika didn't like the news he got. He frowned and rested his head in his mother's shoulder, causing her to hug him, rubbing his back to comfort him.

.

.

.

────────

────────

He was finally in his own apartment.

Of course he told his friends but didn't tell them why.

But why did they leave? For business?