Chapter 4

He knows that Rain is afraid now, that much is obvious. But at this moment, that doesn't matter. Not even a bit. Much more important is to get the boy away from the guards that would harm him. Or worse. But the point is that he needs to get him away now.

"P'Phayu!" he can hear the fear in the boy's sentence.

Instead of comforting him, like his whole body is itching to do, he tightens the grip on Rain's arms. "You're good at creating trouble, aren't you?" he growls.

One of the guards, a relatively new one since he is here since three races ago, looks up at him. "Please hand him over to me. I'll handle it from here."

As if. As if he would just give Rain over to that guard when he has already called Pakin to tell him he'll leave early. He's ready to accept his punishment, if there is a need for one. He also called Saifah to take over this race. He's not going to let some random guard that isn't even that important take his Rain.

"It's fine. I'll handle this myself. This boy came with me." He says politely. He doesn't really need to antagonize Pakin's guards.

"But I must report this to the boss." Тhe guard retorts.

He wants to roll his eyes. But he needs to keep his angry expression for now, because it's the best way to protect Rain. He can feel relief that he is the one who caught Rain first, that it wasn't one of the guards.

"I'll report it to him myself." he says and adds, "For my sake, just this once, please."

He could pull that he is higher rank than these man, but he doesn't do that now. If that man cared, he would know just how important he is to Pakin. This guard can't just demand things from him. He won't allow it to happen.

"Sure. All right then." the guard nods, "Khun Phayu, you must take better care of your boy."

As if he needs some guard to tell him what to do with his angel. He does have to explain to Rain how dangerous coming here is for someone who isn't part of the events.

*****

The man is pulling him along, and Rain is afraid. What will Phayu do to him now? He seems so angry.

"What were you thinking? Why did you come there?"

The sentences sound more like growl than actual speak, and he knows that Phayu is furious at him. But what was he supposed to do? He was about to answer when Phayu pushes him to the car, and opens the door in hurry.

"Get inside."

"Don't tell me what to do!"

He tries to argue, he doesn't want to go with Phayu. He left his car out on the road, and he went to ask for help. Why is Phayu so angry? He didn't do anything wrong.

The man glares at him, and he shuts his mouth immediately.

Rain gets inside the car, Phayu closes the door after him and goes to the other side to get inside himself. He quickly fastens his seatbelt, because safety matters even if he is afraid.

The ride is completely silent, the only thing you can hear are their breaths, and those are frequent. Neither of them speaks. He has no idea where they are going, and he needs to tell Phayu about his car.

"P'Phayu, my..."

"Rain, stay silent."

He does, he listens to the man's request.

They get to a house, that looks big and modern from the outside. And the man drags him inside, making his heart beat so fast.

Once they get inside, something Rain didn't dare argue about, Phayu leads him to a room.