the case

Flashback: Junior Ranger Scouts

Nick sits outside of the building, a muzzle on his face, and tears streak down his cheeks. He hurriedly claws it off and hugs his knees to his chest. He sobs. Never let them see that they get to you, a silent vow to himself.

"Nick? What are you doing out here shouldn't you be inside?", questions a small bobcat a little younger than Nick. The fox cries another volley of tears. The light from the sign gleamed off the muzzle cast to the side and caught her eye. A look of horror glances across her face. Nick hears metal scratching and clattering as it is kicked away. A small warm embrace surrounds him.

Present Day: 'Bull Pen'

Judy's phone buzzes in her pocket. She can't answer her phone; Bogo is about to enter. The officers start chanting, and the chief walks in.

"All right! Shut it!", Bogo bellows before handing out assignments.
"Hopps, we have a noise complaint on the edge of the Rainforest District and Tundra town."

Later: Rainforest District

"I can see why the neighbors complained. You can hear the party from here," Judy remarked.

"Odd time for a party. The report said it started around 4:00 this morning."

The door was slightly ajar, and the knob was broken and scuffed. The door was kicked in. Judy grabs her guns.

"ZPD show yourself!" Judy shouts as they enter. She searches each room.

Kitchen's clear

Bedroom's clear

All clear.

She holsters her gun.

In the entry was the source of the noise, a large speaker. The house was that of a small-to-mid-sized mammal. Must be why Bogo sent Judy. Not much was wrong from the entry to the kitchen. A knife was missing from the knife block. A chair was knocked over. The bedroom door was forced, and the room was upended.

Judy searched the bedroom, finding small drops blood on the window sill opposite the bed.

"I'd better call it in," Judy says.

<The Case File: Ongoing>

<The house was an Airbnb owned by a caracal named Roger Pawson. The house was broken into. There are signs of forced entry on the door. A missing knife from the kitchen, damage to the bedroom door, and claw marks on the walls surrounding it. The claw marks appear to be from the victim. The suspect is likely a larger mid-sized mammal. Chief Bogo assigned Officer Hopps to the case because of her previous experience with missing mammal cases.>

Earlier: Police Academy

"Come on, Carrots, pick up! Ugh. Must have missed her I'll have to call back after class." Nick mutters to himself as class starts.

"....Saharah Square, Tundra Town, Rainforest District, to name a few..." the instructor spoke.