Rewriting the gun scene because it was kinda pointless lmfao

ok, i'm not one to critisize DC (mostly because i suck at doing that lmao) but i think we can all be clear that the gun scene in ep 13 was... pointless

like, blud had the gun out for 5 seconds

FINGER ON THE FUCKING TRIGGER READY TO SHOOT
AND THEN GETS FOLDED BY GABBY

I get Trevor was distracting him BUT STILL
AND THEN THE FUCKING GUN JUST D I S S A P E A R S
MAGICALLY

Also, DOES HE JUST ALWAYS HAVE A GLOCK IN HIS RARI?!?!?!?!?

anyways lets actually get onto the rewrite before my hands get tired and i destroy my shift key even more sdfjhksdfhjkdsfjkhasdfkuashdiuwhefdiushdf

-------------

The scene starts when Miriam is just about to get her money, aka at 19:35

"Congratulations Miriam!" Derek says, handing Miriam her briefcase full of cash. "I know that money was definitely well earned!" 

"Oh, you better believe it hun!" Miriam says. Suddenly, a police car pulls up to the scene. Everyone, except Tom and Gabby, have a look of shock on their faces. Especially the hosts.  Three officers exit the vehicle. 

"Vladmir Jensen, Trevor McGregor, and Derek Johnson. You are all under arrest for wildlife damage, destruction of public property, and illegal deforestation." The first officer says. 

"They did WHAT?!" Miriam says, shocked.

"All that?! That IS Horrible!!" Lill exclaims, with a look of disgust on her face. 

"They really  took their time, didn't they?" Tom says, rolling his eyes. 

The officers approach the hosts, which are both looking nervously at each other. Miriam steps back away from them.

"But that wasn't us! You have no proof!" Derek exclaims.

"P-please fellas. isn't there something we can, uh, work out here? Just ask the contestants, we've been nice right guys? Heh, right?!" Trevor panics.

The contestants just stare at them with a look of dissaproval. 

Derek and Trevor look at each other, Trevors expression saying, 'what are we going to do?'

With nothing left to loose, Derek takes a quick breath, and pulls out a gun. "STAY BACK!" He shouts. "STAY BACK! We've JUST Finished our show!! You can't do this to us!!" The officers take a step back.

"Derek, what the hell are you doing?! You're going to worsen our charges!!" Trevor exclaims, shocked by what his hosting partner is doing. 

"Shut it Trevor!! Like you said we've spent years making this show! and i'm NOT letting it get canned after one season! Now come on!" Derek shouts, taking Trevors hand and booking it towards the forest. 

"Hey! Get back here!!" The second officer shouts, running towards the runaways. Tom follows them. 

"Derek why are we doing this?!" Trevor shouts while running. 

"I'm NOT getting arrested without a fight! I'd rather die than go to prison!!" Derek shouts back. 

They both eventually reach two pathways, the officers and Tom still hot on their tails. 

"You take the left and i'll take the right! We'll be harder to catch if we split!!" Derek says. Trevor nods, having nothing to lose. They split. 

The officers halt. "Okay, Kenneth, you come with me to get Derek. He still has his gun. You two go for Trevor." Tom says. "Move!"

Tom and officer 3 run after Derek. 

"Stay back! O-or i'll shoot!" Derek says, still running with his pistol aimed behind him. 

"Just give it up already! We're going to catch you no matter what you do!" Tom shouts back.

"NEVER!" Derek yells, speeding up. Tom takes out his grappler gun and aims it to one of the trees infront of Derek. He shoots and lands infront of Derek. Derek comes to a full stop. He's surrounded. 

"Just drop the gun and come quietly. It'll make things easier for both of us." Tom says calmly, trying to reason with the host. 

"No! I'm not going out like this! After all the work i've done!! Get back! Get back!" Derek says, breathing heavily and aiming his gun at Toms head. 

"I get that you and Trevor have worked hard, but that's no excuse for what you've done, and what you're doing right now." 

"SHUT UP AND GET BACK!!" Derek shouts. Officer 3 takes the opportunity to tackle Derek to the ground and get the gun out of his hands. He tries to get the officer off, but he's too strong. "NO NO NO!!!" He shouts angrily. 

Meanwhile, with Trevor...

Trevor sprints as fast as he can. Why did Derek have to abandon him? 

"Stop! And just come quietly!" Officer 1 shouts. Trevor doesn't say anything and focuses more on running. 

"God damnit Derek why did you have to make us split!" He says to himself. He then reaches the edge of a cliff. There's no where left to run, and the officers are right behind him. 

"There's nowhere to go. Just surrender and you won't get hurt." Officer two says. 

Trevor panics and looks around for somewhere to go, but there's nothing he can do that won't hurt him. He swallows his pride. "Fine. Just, take me away." He says, putting his hands above his head. 

The officers eventually meet close to the camps opening. Once they get there, they hear Miriam shout. 

"MY MONEY!!!" 

Tom hands Derek over to Officer 3 and runs to her aid. He sees Jensen running to the bus with Miriams briefcase. He gets in and drives off. Gabby tries to run after him, but she isn't fast enough. Tom uses his Grappler and hooks onto the bus. He lands on top and jumps through the door, which is still open. He tries to grab the money from Jensen. 

"DROP IT!" He shouts.

"NEVER! BACK OFF KID!" Jensen shouts back, pushing Tom out. Fortunetly, Tom was able to grab the money before being pushed off. 

---------------------

Aaaaaaaaaaaand the thing ends basically the same as canon yada yada

kinda got lazy because its almost 1am ON A FUCKING SCHOOL NIGHT IMA LITERALLY DIE TOMORROW UGHHHHHHHHHHHH

anyways i wanted to add more unhinged Derek here because it sounded fun

this whole thing is almost 1k words da fuk

also sorry for taking away Gabbys spotlight idk how to fit her in T_T

anwyays ima go sleep for the few hours i can 

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee