☕︎ - 3

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

____________________________

🧋🍂☕️🌻☕️🍂🧋

🧋🍂☕️🌻☕️🍂🧋

- 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼 -

𝕞𝕦𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕤

____________________________

• 3 days prior •

hongjoong was hauled up in his studio again, san laid behind them on the small black leather couch pressed against the corner- eyes locked onto its phone. the two had been there for around an hour now, san had offered to go with hongjoong after they said he needed to work on a few things in the studio.

truthfully san always enjoyed sitting in the studio and listening to hongjoong and mingi work, it was fascinating to him- and wooyoung often joined him, the two being connected by the hip. today though, it was just san- wooyoung had been far too tired from how long he had stayed at the dance studio last night (something san scolded him about when he got home at an ungodly hour).

"san-ah?" hongjoong said, looking away from their laptop screen to turn to his friend. the said boy shifted in his spot, facing hongjoong,

"hm?"

"are you hungry?" he asked, putting his pen down and standing up from their chair. when hongjoongs gaze trailed over his phone and he saw the time he realized they had never eaten lunch- all they had were some tiny muffins san had brought from home. he wasn't going to make san follow his bad eating habits. san hummed, looking down at its stomach and then back at hongjoong, "a bit yeah..." he mumbled.

"want me to go grab us some lunch?" hongjoong offered with a smile, moving from his desk and reaching for their wallet and jacket, san smiled wildly, nodding excitedly,

"can you hyung? i'll pay!"

the older shook his head, shrugging on his black jacket and fixing their beanie, "we can split, don't worry. and after it'll only be a few more hours," he paused, and then smiled at san softly, "thank you for keeping me company, sannie."

hongjoong really did appreciate his friends company. it helped a lot to be around any of them while working- kept him from overworking himself and falling into a bad mindset.

"of course joongie...you want me to go with you?" it asked, sitting up a bit.

"no it's okay, you look comfy." he shook his head, making their way to open the door.

"be back quick!" san called out from the couch as he walked out, hongjoong hummed softly,

"bye sannie."

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

hongjoong made his way to the small ramyeon shop a street down from the music shop, it was one of their favorites- grey suit ramyeon. hongjoong and their friends found themselves there often and had made themselves known to the shop owner, kim junmyeon. they all became well acquainted with junmyeon, often seeking guidance from the older male. so when hongjoong saw he wasn't working today he was a bit bummed, shutting the door behind them with a sigh.

the boy stood in line, hands stuffed in his pockets, mindlessly staring at various things around the shop, the menu (even though they knew it by heart by now), the frosted windows, the fairy lights that hung along the ceiling, the warm wood flooring, all the little tables and booths and plant life around shop, how pretty it all looked. and then- from behind him he could hear the small jingle of the door opening again, and two voices babbling about whatever.

they chose not to ease drop then, but he stiffened when he swore one of them had said their name, "hongjoong?" they repeated, louder this time, he felt a tap on his shoulder. the white haired turned around slowly, instantly softening up when he met eyes with a tall brown haired boy.

"yunho, hi!" he smiled, and then looked at the boy behind him, curious to meet a new person. hongjoong shrunk into himself a bit though, from the others cold stare, spooked him a bit.

yunho seemed to notice fairly quickly, pointing at his black haired friend with a smile, "oh! this is jongho! he works at the flower shop with me."

"hi," jongho smiled all gummy, holding out his hand- hongjoong thought his smile suited him much more, it calmed them down easily.

"hello, i'm hongjoong," he said, a bit awkwardly as that's how he tended to be when meeting new people, but after shaking his hand he felt immensely more comfortable with him. as they waited in line, talking about literally whatever came to mind (and hongjoong was next to order) the door opened once more, a boy wearing a black mask came through, with matching fluffy hair, he was tall and slim, and wore black jeans and a light blue sweater. hongjoong felt like he had seen him somewhere before, and couldn't help but stare as the boy looked around, eyes big and round.

they didn't realize he had been staring at him so intensely until the two made eye contact- hongjoong felt his face heat up, and the boy tilted his head at him, stepping towards the three, "oi! yunho, you were gonna order without me?" he said, looking past yunho, eyes still locked with hongjoongs as the aforementioned turned around and waved the boy over.

it was like time slowed then, all that ran through hongjoongs mind were pleads to see who was under that mask- it shook them up.

when hongjoong had finally processed the strangers words, he found it was his queue to leave- there was no way they could introduce themself to another one of yunhos friends after being caught staring like that no matter how badly they wanted to learn the strangers name.

hongjoong watched him move to jongho and yunho, and then turned away quickly, before they'd have to interact- and realized it was his turn to order, making haste to do so.

just barely, from behind him- he heard that sweet voice again before ordering,

"who was that?"

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

thoughts?

it's a bit different than my other books i think

definitely different from my latest one although there will be some "angsty?" things (i think it's just unrealistic to think everything is happy go lucky all the time that's all)

but pls dw! this one won't be as soul crushing as kmo lol

i rlly do love seongjoong tho

and yes i did include suho from exo in this story bc he's been wrecking my bias line so hard i hate him

~ lo ~

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫