𝐓𝐄𝐍

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 10
𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝚃𝙾𝚁𝙼

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"We have to leave Forks."

Sabrina blinked, the words echoing in her ears as she snapped herself back to reality.

Strange, she thought, shaking her head and recollecting herself.

"Everything alright?" Edward asked, his thick brows furrowing in concern as he caught onto her thoughts.

Sabrina looked up at him and nodded absentmindedly.

"Yeah, yeah," she dismissed half-heartedly.

Sabrina turned her gaze back to Bella and Jacob as they conversed merrily in the Forks High parking lot.

Sabrina felt guilty. Not for lying to Edward— she knew he'd read her mind anyway — but rather about the way she felt as she watched Jacob and Bella laugh so genuinely. She was unable to fight the way her stomach twisted with jealousy as she watched Jacob flash that brilliant, 1000-kilowatt smile at her cousin, his eyes dancing with pure adoration.

Edward's face scrunched in disgust, his pale, stony features hardening further as Sabrina's thoughts barely just reached his mind.

"That's the boy you like?" He noted with distaste, "Him?"

Sabrina's jaw dropped, her face growing bright red as she stuttered and stumbled over her words, her foggy brain scrambling to find a way to defend her emotions.

"I never said—"

"You didn't have to," Edward cut her off, "Your thoughts are incredibly loud. And disturbingly detailed—"

"Okay!" She cut him off, embarrassed, "I'm a bad liar. I think we get the picture."

Benny chuckled, appearing beside her.

"Aw, don't be embarrassed, B," the ghost boy teased, "After all, Jake did get pretty hot over the summer—" Benny stopped and narrowed his eyes, pointing curiously at her face, "I-Is that drool there, Brina?"

Sabrina swatted at his hand, hers going right through the air, causing a group of passersby to look at her weirdly— to which Sabrina quickly regained her composure and threw them an unconvincing smile. He wasn't entirely wrong, though. Jacob had had a bit of a glow-up over the summer; from the way his had grown and his muscles had filled out, the boy was downright swoon-worthy.

Edward chuckled, hearing Sabrina's thoughts over her bickering with Benny.

"Oh, piss off, Eddie," she grumbled, readjusting the strap of her satchel on her shoulder, "You know what, you guys suck, I'm going to find Alice."