Chapter-5

"Babar you won the toss. What do you choose?" The toss referee asked while pointing towards Babar.

"We choose to bowl first." Babar said smiling.

The toss was done and then it was time for the national anthem. Both teams lined up beside each other, ready to go on the field. Virat and Shadab were standing beside each other holding on to children's hands.

"All the best Vi."

"Good luck. Shaddy." Virat whispered and patted Shadab on his back.

Rohit and Shubman went to open the innings. Shaheen started the spell from Pakistan's side. Not playing with each other aside from ICC tournaments, has its own advantages and disadvantages for both the teams. Like how Rohit doesn't quite grasp the style of Shaheen's bowling and vice versa with Shaheen which makes these games a little harder for both the teams.

"Fantastic catch by Shadab Khan. Rohit goes for 45." The commentator announced.

Virat picked up his bat and walked on the field. He patted Rohit on the back for the good performance. He talked with Shubman and studied the field. Shadab caught his eye, and he smiled a little.

The first bowl to Virat was a six and the bowler was none other than his boyfriend. Shadab had a terrible over, with India scoring 20 runs in a single over. Virat was happy for his team and a little disappointed for Shadab.

Everything was going as planned. Virat was batting like he always does. Singles and doubles with a boundary sneaked in between the overs. Shubman, on the other hand, was not going slow on the Pakistani bowlers, hitting sixes and fours with a flick of his hand.

It was Shadab's over again and Virat was on strike. Virat attempted a straight drive and Shadab tried to stop the four, but twisted his ankle and fell down on the ground. Medics ran towards him as it looked like a nasty fall. Virat, not able to stop himself, jogged towards Shadab and kneeled down beside him.

"Shadab. Are you okay?" He asked while placing his hand on Shadab's shoulder.

"No. It hurts so much." Shadab's face was contracted in pure agony. The medics wrapped his ankle with the bandage and asked him to move his foot. Giving thumbs up to the medics Shadab tried standing up while talking support from Babar. But he fell down as soon as tried to put pressure on his feet. Medics took him back on the stretcher as he was in no form to continue his play. Seeing Shadab injured made Virat so worried that he wasn't able to focus on the game.

During the drinks break, Virat was so worried that he asked Ishan to message Shadab and asked about his condition.

"Virat Bhai. Don't worry he will be alright." Shubman said while patting Virat's shoulder.

"I know. It's just he is already very disappointed by his performance and an injury on top of that will kill his confidence." Virat said while drinking water. He looked towards the Pakistan dugout and caught Shadab's eyes. Virat titled his head and Shadab nodded with a small smile on his face to say that he is okay.

The first innings ended with Rahul and Virat not out and scoring centuries making the score 356 for Pakistan to chase. It was a huge score and Pakistan failed to chase. After the match ended, Virat wasted no time and walked towards Pakistan's dressing room after changing his clothes.

He knocked on the door and someone replied "Come in."

Virat opened the door and walked inside to see Shadab sitting with an ice pack on his ankle. Beside him Shaheen and Haris were sitting having some chat. They both nodded towards Virat as a greeting. Shadab had a towel on his face so he did not see anyone come in.

"Welcome Virat Bhai. How are you?" Haris said and shaked Virat's hand. Virat smiled and signaled towards Shadab who still didn't move the towel from his face. Shaheen whispered "crying" . Virat nodded and asked them to give him 5 mins. Haris and Shaheen nodded and walked towards the exit.

Shaheen turn around and said " We will be outside Shaddy"

"Shadab" Virat kneeled beside him and placed his hand on Shadab's knee. After receiving no response he pulled the towel aside to see tears streaming from Shadab's eyes.

"Shaddy. It's okay. It happens." Virat whispered while wiping Shadab's tears.

"No it's not okay Vi. I'M SUCH A FUCKING DISAPPOINTMENT. We lost today because of me." Shadab whispered-yelled.

"Don't cry please." Virat said, trying to pull Shadab for a hug.

"Can't you let us win once. After everything we do, we still always lose to you. But today." Shadab wasn't able to complete his sentence before he bursted in tears.

"I can't do that Shadab. I can't get out on purpose." Virat said with a stoic expression on his face.

"Did you know what he said to me today? DID YOU?" Shadab shouted again. He was sobbing continuously. "Babar said I purposely bowled you full tosses, so you can hit sixes. HE ACCUSED ME OF BEING A TRAITOR." Shadab fell down on his knees with his face in his hands sobbing loudly.

"That's not true." Virat whispered and pulled Shadab towards the bench.

"He thinks that I purposely give you loose balls so you can take runs just because we are in a relationship. You know I will never do that." Shadab whispered tears still streaming down his face.

"Of course I know that. Nobody wants to take my wicket as much as you." Virat pulled Shadab in a hug. Shadab hid his face in the crook of Virat's neck still sobbing.

"But I don't blame him. He has every right to question my loyalty. I'm not performing well and I conceded the most runs in today's match, Dropping your catch twice. Anyone would think I'm doing it purposely." Shadab sniffled.

"Shhh. Shaddy. Please stop crying." Virat said while running his hand in Shadab's hair trying to console him.

Shadab pulled away from the hug and said something which nobody ever expected.

Virat walked out of the dressing room with a crestfallen look on his face. Shaheen and Haris, who were still waiting outside, walked towards him.

"Everything alright, Virat Bhai." Shaheen asked worriedly, seeing the look on Virat's face.

"Yes. Please take care of him." Virat smiled lightly with tears in his eyes.

"Of course. You also take care." Both of them said and walked inside the dressing room.

Virat closed his eyes as tears shed. He took a last look at the door and walked away from there with Shadab's words in his mind.

"Can we take a break, Virat."

So the angst has arrived. What will happen next. Will Virat and Shadab's relationship be able to overcome this or not. 

Thanks you for all the wait. Will try to update as soon as possible. Hope you enjoy this and please leave comments.