◆Chapter XIX Pt1 ◆

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇
Author's note: Ahhh I'm back after the long Nanowrimo month! :)

I apologize for the long wait but I should be able to continue updating regularly again. Thank y'all so much for waiting and I'm so excited to write what's in store for these next couple of chapters *wink*
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

The smell of the familiar airplane air made some, harsh, past memories flood back into your mind. The last time you were on this plane was back when Fyodor had tricked you to join him in Russia. Now you found yourself willingly on it again, but this time you were joining him in taking over the very city you vowed to protect.

You had almost forgotten about that day. How angry you were, how rude Fyodor was while being so nice all at the same time.

You didn't understand him, you didn't get his actions back then. To be honest you didn't even get them now. You just accepted your current situation, that he seemed to like you, and you liked him back. That he helped save you from the corruption of fake support.

"Y/N?" Fyodor said, while his gaze shifted from the aisle to his hands. You looked at him with a frown as you sensed something was off. Placing your warm hand on his cold one, his gaze moved to find comfort in yours.

"Yes, what is it dear?" You said. His body shifted for a moment, like he wanted to say something but he couldn't quite get it out. Opening his mouth to speak he paused and closed it again for a moment longer before regaining his confidence.

"It will be late when we land. I'll be taking you straight to the hotel I have reserved so you can rest." He said in a plain tone of voice. Knowing this wasn't what he planned to say, you brushed it off and accepted his change in course.

"Will you join me in bed? Or are there matters for you to attend?" You asked.

"I'm afraid not dear. My apologies but I do have to attend to something very important as soon as we arrive. The state of the plan relies on my quick action." He answered, ending his words with an annoyed sigh as his business partner's actions caused more stress than he needed.

"And what's that?" You asked again.

"I'll explain later, I don't want you worrying anymore than you probably already are, knowing you." Fyodor answered with a comforting smile.

His accent always made you fold, especially when he added that admirable smile. You could tell Fyodor knew that too, thanks to your reaction every time he did it.

"Well I'm going to worry anyway, if not more now." You said with a humorous but worried smile. Fyodor chuckled slightly before resting his hand on your thigh.

"I reassure you, I'll be fine Y/N. There's nothing to worry about. I'll be perfectly safe, I promise." He reassured you with that same smile. "I'll be back and right next to you before you wake up tomorrow."

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"Fyodor?" You mumbled with a groggy voice. You woke up in the hotel room early in the morning. Instantly you began patting around the bed in an attempt to find your lover, though the bed was empty.

Did he lie to you? Did he get caught up, or maybe even injured? These thoughts swarmed your head as you quickly rose from the bed.

"Maybe he's just in the other room." You said to no one in particular. Fyodor didn't spare any money when making sure the place you took residence in for the time being was enough to fill your needs. He had reserved one of the largest hotels in the city, one you could only ever dream of staying in before meeting Fyodor. Though on the other hand, was it really safe to be so, flashy, with where you two stayed at?