5.

⁂chapter five⁂
𝗙𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗲𝗹

⁂chapter five⁂𝗙𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗲𝗹

𑁍

The seven teens walked onto the boardwalk looking around at all the rides and people.

"See, aren't you glad we came?" Belly asked turning to Conrad.

"How is this any less hot than it would be inside?" Conrad asked back while he wrapped his arm around Lacey's waist.

"Because you have the magical sea breeze to cool you down."

"Cool breeze, my ass," Taylor scoffed fanning herself as Lacey smiled at the girl. "I want some ice cream. Nature's air conditioning." She said making Conrad look over at her.

After they all go ice cream they walked to a less empty part of the boardwalk and stopped to eat their ice cream.

"You know, I'm kind of a natural introvert, so I can't tell if this place is horrifying, or if it's just like my lizard brain in action," Skye said to the group getting a weird look from Lacey.

"It's fun, I promise," Belly assured Skye.

"Fun?" Jeremiah questioned Belly. "Cause I seem to remember the last time we were here, you were crying." He said smiling at the girl. "Belly was twelve, and Conrad beat her at shoot your shot and her penalty was to ride the tower of terror." Jeremiah explained to Skye and Lacey. "Belly, you were so scared, you threw up."

"I was sick," Belly defended.

"Sick with fear," Conrad said. "My mom had to throw out your clothes and carry you home in a caftan.

"I know," Belly said as everyone laughed.

"Susannah used to force my mom to come here when they were kids," Skye said bringing the mood down. "My mom always hated it, but Susannah loved it so much, so. . ."

"You know what else my mom loved?" Conrad asked Skye. "The beach house."

"My mom's not evil, Conrad," Skye said. "And your mom wasn't a saint."

"Skye, have you ever played Shoot your Shot?" Belly asked trying to change the conversation.

"No, and I'm-I'm fine keeping it that way."

"Well, do you want to watch me beat Conrad's ass?" Belly asked looking over at the boy who was trying to steal Lacey's ice cream.

"You could not do that," Conrad said to the girl as he wrapped his arms around Lacey from behind with the girl leaning back on his chest.

"I wouldn't hate watching that," Skye told Belly.

"You think you still got it, Conrad?" Belly asked smiling at the boy.

"Okay, no, please, not another Great Boardwalk Showdown," Steven said as the group laughed at him.

"Why not?" Belly asked smiling.