Part 10

Word count (2401)

Y/n's pov:

I kept my head to the ground as we walked back to Enid and Wednesday's dorm. Wednesday however, seemed to be deep in thought as she sped ahead of me. Not seeming to care about what had just happened with Xavier.

"Oh my god! Y/n is going to the Rave'N. My whole world is tilted! And Wednesday, you have to go too! You know what you need now?"

"A bullet to the head?" I said back a little annoyed. I felt Wednesday shift her gaze to me slightly.

"A suit!"

"But I have a perfectly fine one-"

"No no no, not the gray one you wore last year to the end of year party."

"What's wrong with that one?" My brows furrowed and I crossed my arms. Wednesday just stood in silence next to us.

"That thing was a fashion emergency not even lightning could resuscitate. Ella, back me up here."

Ella mewed in response and I let out an exasperated breath and pinched my nostrils. I didn't have the energy for this. I just wanted to go to my room and practice my spells, or fence.

"You need something that screams, 'first date. Stand back bitches! I have arrived!'"

What the hell is she saying right now?

"And I know just the place!"

~

"What kind of dystopian hellscape is this?" Wednesday asked as we stood in front of the boutique.

"Our first shopping spree together! The dance committee's suggesting all white to match the theme, but that's not gonna fly with us."

"I have more pressing business than to worry about a dress for a dance I don't want to attend," Wednesday said as she turned to Enid.

"But I thought we were bonding." She whined back, I stayed quiet, not really wanting to say anything.

"I feel I'll only slow you down. You're a gazelle, I'm a wounded dawn. Cut me loose and go run with the pack."

Enid eyes darted from her to the shop a couple times, "are you sure?"

Wednesday nodded slightly and pulled me towards the shop. I looked back at Wednesday and our eyes met briefly before she turned away. I frowned and looked back at Enid.

"Come on y/n! I think I saw something that would look great on you!"

As we walked inside, Enid guided me towards the back corner of the shop. Her hand clutching tightly to my wrist. It had been a while since me and Enid hung out together. A small pit grew in my stomach. She was my best friend and I had been neglecting her recently. I couldn't help but think how she's most likely trying to hide her hurt. So I decided to make the most out of this, despite how I felt.

The corners of my mouth twitched upward, "so what did you see that you thought I would like?"

"Just right over here- yes here!" She reached over and grabbed something from one of the racks.