Chapter 12 [Elise]

"A thief?" she mutters in a lazy way.

I cock an eyebrow, smirking. "A Professional one."

"Uhmm... I see..." she pauses for a second, looking lost. "Wait, what? A thief? Wait? Are you a thief? I mean. Why are you... No. This isn't right. You're lying, right?"

"Relax. Relax."

"Elise! You're lying, right?" She pulls back.

Her expressions are cute. She is so dull-witted. I never thought she would be this dense when taking my joke. Now I wanna see more of the expressions.

"What made you think I'm lying?" I come closer to her.

"You... don't look like..." she tries to get up.

I immediately take her left arm in my right hand, and push her to the wall behind.

She can't escape now. She's looking helpless. She can't think of anything.

My prank is going on. It's amusing to see her like this. Wish I could capture her face to show my friends.

"A thief?"

"Yes... You can't be..." her voice is barely above a whisper.

"A thief?"

"Yes..." She's scanning me.

"What to do? I like it."

"What? Stealing people's hard earned money?" Her eyes become small.

"Absolutely." I take a pause to lock her expressions again into my memory. "But..."

"But?" She gets curious.

"I'm bored now." I sigh and force my knee between her legs. "I wanna do something new."

She looks up through her lashes, her doe eyes widening. "What?"

"I wanna steal your heart." I hum in her left ear, my lips almost touching her skin.

Goosebumps grow all over her body. "Why?" she speaks in a hush.

"Guess." My hand unconsciously caresses her left cheek.

"You aren't liking me, right?" A red faint tint appears on both her cheeks.

I take a long time to gaze at her. "You guessed right. I don't like you. I wanna steal your heart and make good money out of it."

"W-What?" Her eyes are wide open.

"Yeah. They give handsome amounts in black market for a young heart."

She throws my hand away from her cheek. She uses her strength to push me. I stumble on my feet when she runs, nearly stepping on me.

"Kitty." My voice echoes in the empty garage.

She doesn't listen to me. She is walking fast with a limping leg. She took me seriously. It was just a prank.

She has left.

************

"Elise! Come out." My friend calls me.

I am dusting my bike. I was occupied with other projects, I couldn't clean it.

Today is a big day and crucial for me.

I'm participating in a race. I need to win it. At any cost.

I grab the handlebars, feeling the loud engine as I dive into the first curve. The wind messes up my hair, but who cares? The road looks like a fun rollercoaster ahead.

I can smell burning rubber and gasoline-it's like a mix of rebellion. Other racers are all around, but I'm not playing it safe. I'm here to ride fast and take risks. The road isn't just a road; it's like a wild beast, and I'm ready to tame it.

When I zoom down a straight part, I press the gas pedal hard, and the engine gets super loud. I look at the rider next to me; it's not just a race, it's a challenge. We're speeding down the road, like two rebels breaking all the rules.

The wind tries to slow me down, but I don't let it. I lean into the turns, enjoying the wild feeling. Every turn is like a game with danger, and it makes me shiver. This race isn't just a race; it's like hanging out with danger.

The road becomes my playground, and I move through it like I own the place. Weaving through the other racers, it's like I'm a boss of the crazy game, with tires screeching and engines roaring around me. Everything blurs, and for a moment, it's not about winning-it's about feeling wild and free.

As I get to the last lap, the excitement gets even bigger. The finish line is like a cool prize, and I go faster, like a daredevil. The crowd cheers, and my heart beats like crazy. Crossing that finish line is like winning a game of being wild.

Under my helmet, there's a big grin. The bike I'm on isn't just a machine; it's like my partner in fun, reminding me of the crazy adventure I just had.

*********

I get back to my small apartment, feeling the victory from the race still buzzing in the air. The door makes a creaky sound as I open it.

My place is simple, with a worn-out couch and faded curtains. It's my quiet spot away from the noisy city.

Closing the door, I take a moment to enjoy the quiet. I go to the little kitchen, not fancy, just simple. But today, my focus is on a small box under the dusty shelf.

I pick up the box and put it on the table. Opening it makes a soft sound, and inside, there's money. I count it carefully. The sound of the money is like a nice song, a reward for doing well.

I smile when I finish counting. The money means more than just paper; it's proof that I did well on the race. I touch the bills, feeling the success.

Putting the money back in the box, I hide it under the shelf. It's like a secret routine. The world sees a racer, but only I know about this hidden money box. It's like my special vault, proof of victories beyond the finish line.

Just as I'm about to close the box, someone knocks on the door. My heart beats faster. I grab my helmet, and the knocking gets louder.

Opening the door, I see someone unexpected - a person from my past. They look at the money box and smile mysteriously. The air feels heavy with unsaid things, like I'm on the edge of something big that could change everything.

The person at the door shows me an old picture. It's from a time I tried to forget. My heart races because it feels like the past is coming back, and I'm not ready for it.

While we talk, he mentions a name I thought I left behind. It's like a blast from the past, and I'm stuck, trying to figure out what it means. The room feels small, and I'm facing the past I thought was gone.

As we chat, his eyes go to my racing suit. His face changes, and he asks, "How long can you keep running?" It's a scary question, making me think about the walls I built to hide my secrets.

The secrets I thought were safe might not be anymore, and I'm scared about what happens next.

************

A little note:

Can you guys comment a lot and give it your votes. It really helps me a lot 😃😻

Don't just read and also show your support and love 💟😘