Chapter 21. Countdown

I care about you  a lot more than our circumstances allows me to.
________________________________
[Departure for tour in 24 hours]

You wake up fully clothed, nestled in Harry's arms. A smile graces your face at the sight of him, and you gently brush his hair away from his peaceful face. Slipping out of bed, you make your way downstairs. In the quietness of the morning, you start brewing a pot of coffee and prepare an avocado toast, leaning against the counter. Your gaze shifts toward the window, where a handful of morning birds serenade in the soft light.

H - You really need to stop sneaking out on me.

He smirks, and you turn, caught off guard.

You - Shit!

H - Sorry!

You - You scared me!

He walks over, wrapping his arms around your waist from behind. A nervous smile plays on your lips, recalling the conversation from the night before. Unsure if he remembers, he grabs a mug. You turn around to find him in sweats and no shirt.

H - So, do you have work today?

He fills up a cup of coffee, and you can't help but notice his smirk as your eyes drop to his abs.

You - Oh no, actually. You?

H - No, I just have to pack some of my personal things and rest my vocals.

You - Oh, yeah you have someone to pack for you.

He nods, taking a sip of coffee. Harry laughs.

H - So... talk.

You - What?

H - I know something's on your mind. Talk.

You put down your coffee cup.

You - I don't know how to say it.

H - Just spit out some words, and I'll put them together.

You smile.

You - Last night. Are you okay? Are we okay?

He exhales in relief.

H - Oh, it's about that.

You nervously bite your bottom lip as he makes his way over to you. Setting down his mug of coffee, he lifts your chin up to meet his gaze.

H - I hold great respect for you and your choices. While I may not necessarily agree with or favor them, it's not my place to pass judgment or form a negative opinion.

You smile, and he brings his lips to yours.

H - So yes, we're okay.

You nod while not being able to hold back your smile.

H - Well, it's our last day together, so let's do something all together!

He smiles excitedly.

H - I want to use my first wish.

You laugh and sigh.

You - I had hoped you had forgotten about them...

H - Oh no, I don't forget things.

You - What's your wish then?

H - I want to do something I haven't done in forever, something "normal".

You - I know exactly what we are going to do!

[Departure for tour in 20 hours]

You - How do we start?